Sunday, August 31, 2008

countdown

Today marks the point in this pregnancy where we're counting down the days in double digits.  99 days left until baby Abigail is due.  

On one hand, 99 days still seems a long way away.  14 weeks-ish, sounds shorter...and 3 months sounds dangerously close.  

At 26 weeks, I'm still feeling good.  Abigail is getting stronger everyday and letting me know it.  I always enjoy feeling her move and kick and punch...but, it's also at the point where sometimes I become weary when she's really active.  I've started trying to soothe her like a baby when she's moving a lot.  I rock her by swaying myself.  I play music for her, sometimes I even sing to her.  Of course, the best way to get her to calm down is to have Kyle come put his hand on my belly. That seems to work like magic.  She'll be such a daddy's girl.  

The best part is when these things work, and I'm able to settle her.  It makes me feel kinda useful.

At 26 weeks, I'm not big enough to waddle, but I'm getting big enough to understand the aches and pains that are coming.  My back is starting to be sore at the end of the day. My feet ache more than they used to.  Rolling over when I sleep is a 5-step process.  My skin needs moisturizer more often.  I use my feet to pick up things I drop when I can so I won't have to bend.  I think I can understand the idea of being "ready" for baby to come out.  

Kyle started calling her "Abigailien"  Because of the alien like qualities that come with having another being live inside you.  She apparently has begun stealing more of my food...because my appetite is growing as well.  

Anyway, just an update.  Kyle and I are doing well overall and are getting ready to start back to work and school on Tuesday.  That should give me plenty to write about.  :)

No comments:

background

counter