Sunday, December 6, 2009

goodnight

It's been a busy day.

We woke to a winter wonderland. It snowed last night and the city was sparkling white this morning. It was nice because the skies were clear and blue and the combination of those two things always makes for a nice day.

I had hoped to take some Abby pictures in it - but we simply couldn't find the time today. It was a busy day.

I got a lot done, but not enough done. I never get *enough* done. There's always more. Always.

But, I got a lot done, and that's good. We set up a bed in the guest room so that our guests can now have somewhere to sleep - this included getting the bed which included me driving with a mattress strapped to my car.

I found Abby a birthday gift. It's second hand and I found it on Craigslist, but I found a few wooden puzzles that I just fell in love with, so I'm happy that she'll have something from her mom and dad. We went and picked that up after having lunch, which was after church and after driving aimlessly for 30 mins while Abby (and Kyle) napped in the car.

After all of that was done I went grocery shopping. I came home in time to put Abby to bed. Then I got to sit down and relax. Kyle and I watched a few shows and at 11pm it was time to start cleaning. An hour later, the dishes are going, the rooms are tidied, the counters clean, the trash is emptied and I'm tired.

This week is a very busy week. Very busy. Wish me luck. It doesn't help, of course, that I would rather spend my days concentrating on Abby's birthday or my brother and sister visiting. But, I have too much to do between now and then. I know it'll get done though - it always gets done.

Anyway. It's Monday now so I'm calling it a night. Sweet dreams y'all.

I was pretty excited to pull out Abby's santa hoodie vest today.

I tried like 20 times to get a picture of her looking at the camera - but she wouldn't stop looking at the snow. :)

1 comment:

*Jen* said...

Cutie snow shot anyway :)
LOVE the new header/holiday-ization!

background

counter