Wednesday, April 28, 2010

You Capture - Spring

So I really enjoyed this week's You Capture challenge of "spring" I actually found made time to plan a few pictures instead of just rummaging though my weekly shots to find something.

But, you'll have to run with me on my interpretation.

When I think of Spring, I think of a renewal. Spring is bringing life to what was dead, right?

So, when my Easter Lilies died, I wondered if I could bring some new life to them. They weren't going to bloom again, but I think there's another kind of beauty found here.

my dead easter lilies

But because spring is also about new life, here's a shot that represents that too.
Dandelion puffs really do embody spring, don't they?

It is so much fun to browse through and see what other wonderful pictures were taken this week. So, go check them out at Beth's site I Should Be Folding Laundry! If you're at work - it's a great way to pass the time (not that I ever do that, of course...)

PS: My friend Bobbi is jumping in this week to try her hand at her first You Capture - so go say Hi and make her feel welcome, k? :o)

17 comments:

Bobbi Sharp said...

I love your dandelion pic! And thanks for the shout out. :)

Lana said...

I love the angle of the dandelion picture. Great shot

Frogmum said...

Love those dried Lilies ~ yes they still are beautiful :D And the dandelion is great too!

Bec said...

love the dandelion!

Brooke said...

I LOVE that dandelion shot!

Brandy@YDK said...

you have mad skills

Mrs. McFadden said...

ooo the dendelion photo is amazing. and I must say your little one is a adorable.

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 said...

Oh, your poor lillies...but they look SO COOL! Great shots; so artsy! And the dandelion...love it! :-)

Brooke said...

I am with you, I love the dead lillies! The lighting is great on the last shot. And that dandelion picture is BE-U-TI-FUL!!!
Thanks for stopping by my place. I love your blog - I will be back ;D

Beth A.of Crunchypenguin.com said...

THanks for visiting my site and commenting! I love comments! Your photos are gorgeous! Also, I really like the design of your site -- awesome!
-Beth

Jen said...

I love the dried lilies, very creative!

Sidnie said...

I love your pictures.
They're amazing captures.

Regina Lynn said...

Your use of light in the dead Easter lily shots is amazing!

Colleen said...

You made dried lilies look beautiful! Great shots.

Heather said...

Oh Laura, beautiful shots! I'm amazed at what you can do with a point and shoot!! I'm so jealous!!

Stylist A said...

oh my... that last one is a "blower-uper" hehe. Love the angle. just way too cool. Thanks for sharing :)

The Mommy said...

The first three can be framed... And hung on my wall as a series! Amazing pictures. I posted some dandelion pictures too! They are everywhere aren't they;)

background

counter