Sunday, March 6, 2011

sunday

Another weekend, come and gone.  That happens so quickly...every time.  

Today was another laid back kind of day.  Abs gets up by herself in the mornings now.  My rule is it has to be after 6am.  If it's 5:50am - I'm putting her back in bed.  

I woke up at 6:02 to Abby poking my forehead going on and on about how my brain is inside.  Sigh.  We got up, we got breakfast, and we spent most of the morning playing with the camera and doing crafts.  We painted, we colored, we did markers, we stamped, we played with play-doh, we trumpeted through old paper towel tubes, we glued squares and sequins to paper, we did color-wonder markers.  I mean, I'm not really sure there's a craft in our repertoire that we didn't use.  But, it was fun.  And it gave me some time to play with pictures.  This morning, I decided to learn more about the manual settings on my camera and shot in manual mode all day long.  Oh, did I ever have fun.  I found it very satisfying to be able to understand and control the various aspects that go into picture making.  

Of course, that means that a lot of the pictures from today are a little out of focus, a little under or over exposed, maybe a little blurred or a little "off"  somehow.  But, that's ok.  That's how we learn, no?  

painitng




Why, yes, we *DO* still have the streamers up from Abby's birthday party.  Why you ask?  Um, basically, because life is more fun with streamers in your doorway than without them.  We honestly just don't have any good reason to take them down - they've kinda grown on us.  :)


Playing "tube-phone" with daddy.  She was having so much fun.
Later, the ball of play-doh in her hand would be stuck to the end of that tube and she carried it around the house saying "Look, a candle!" and then she's blow on it. 


mechanically speaking, this picture is not so great.
...but just look at them.  So sweet. 


Not only does daddy play with tube-phones, he builds *awesome* chairs.

We all enjoyed pizza for lunch today and Kyle decided to let us (ahem, me) indulge in some ice cream after.  It was a grey, kinda drizzly day, but it was in the upper 50s!  Crazy.  Ice cream was perfect.


Abs took a nap, as did Kyle, and I ran some errands this evening.  I scored 8 boxes of cereal for just over $5 bucks AND got 2 gallons of milk for free.  Yeah, that made me happy.  It's the little things.  I got home, we tried a new recipe for dinner that went over well, then we did all the cleaning.  Whew.  I'm exhausted now.  I really don't want to sound like a cry-baby, but it is amazing how much more difficult housework and taking care of Abby is at this stage in pregnancy.  I get worn out so so so easily, it's a bit ridiculous. 


Anyway,
Here are a few more pics from our day.  

This is the look I get riiiiiight before she takes off running when she's not supposed to, or when she does anything wrong - on purpose.  She can be a mischievous one.

Just reading in bed.

I like this one.  She took out all the toys from her basket and climbed in.  She had two wooden spoons that she used as oars for a good while.  She sang "row row row your boat" on continuous loop.  She only stopped once to get her hat.  She said, very suddenly, "Oh! I need hat! I the captain!"

I really don't know where she gets that stuff.  I blame Mickey for everything.


And just like that, it's time for another week.  My week should be normal - busy, but normal busy.  Wish me luck that it stays that way.  I'm trying to work a little harder over the next few weeks in order to keep my last few weeks on the light side.  Givin' how hard it's getting to just pick up toys and do laundry - I bet my paying job isn't gonna get a lot easier in month 9 either. 

I hope you all had a nice weekend, and my your Monday be as good as a Monday can be. 

4 comments:

Kaylee said...

Abby has such a creative imagination. Thank you for checking in on us!

Anonymous said...

I love all the creativity that I see pictured. The pictures of Abby and Kyle were sweet.

Granny

Colleen said...

She's getting so big!

Sounds like you had a very busy crafty day. I love the streamers. Our streamers often stay up way longer than technically necessary.

Shooting in manual is great. Now that I've been shooting in manual, I can't go back to automatic, although I try from time to time.

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

that last picture is priceless:)

background

counter