Friday, November 21, 2008

the bright side

When you're 9 months pregnant, it's easy to complain about things.  And, in my opinion, there are some good reasons for complaining.  It's not easy, y'know.  But, it's also not all storm clouds and water retention.  So, I'm going to count my blessings - because, really, I have it pretty good. 

1. I have no trouble sleeping.  I sleep through the night and am relatively comfortable.
2. That means I don't have to take 15 bathroom breaks at night...or during the day for that matter, which is nice.
3. I'm able to eat a regular sized meal (instead of having to eat tiny ones every few mins)
4. I don't have heartburn
5. I can still shave my legs, see my toes, and front kick (y'know, if needed).
6. I have really good blood pressure.
7. My hair and nails have benefited from the vitamins I'm taking.
8. I haven't had any crazy cravings, or aversions since the 1st trimester.
9. I have some days of amazing energy and can get a lot done.
10. I am surrounded by supportive people - near and far.
11. We have basically all our baby things/gear/stuff ready to go.
12. This baby is taking her time getting ready - which allows me to get some things done for work that I need to finish.  And I'm ok with that. 
13.  And of course - I'm healthy, Kyle's healthy, and this baby is healthy.  What more could I really want?

So- always look on the bright side of life.  (and if you could read that sentence without imagining people whistling while being crucified - then you need to watch more monty python)

Life is good.  Don't forget that. 


No comments:

background

counter