Sunday, November 2, 2008

surprise!

Yesterday I got a message on facebook from our friend Mary.  She asked if Kyle and I were still planning on coming over for dinner.  Apparently, she had mentioned this to Kyle earlier in the week - and he never mentioned it to me.  When I asked Kyle about it, he said "Oh yeah, she did say something about that - I didn't know if it was really happening though, I thought maybe it was just more of an idea"  

So, I wrote Mary back and said that even though my forgetful husband hadn't mentioned it - as we didn't have plans, we'd love to join her for dinner.

So, around 7:30 we head over (she lives about a block down the road).  I was dressed in my Saturday bum -best and ready for some food.  We walk in and whatdayaknow - a dozen or so people yell "Surprise!"

A surprise baby shower!  

And, yes, I was very much caught off guard.  Apparently, they've been planning this since September.  I've always known Kyle was good with secrets, but I also always thought that I would somehow know if this kind of thing was being planned.  

Anyway, it was absolutely wonderful.  They decorated and cooked, Stephanie made a beautiful cake.  We played shower games that I actually enjoyed and our friends were so generous with gifts.  We didn't leave to go home until after 1 in the morning.  It was a lot of fun.  :)

So, THANK YOU to everyone who schemed and plotted this event - like I said at the shower, when you live so far from family, it means a lot to have such wonderful friends.  

Surpriiise!!!

BC friends

Tim

The very yummy cake Stephanie made

Nat- sporting the latest in baby fashion.  :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love the picture where you were suprised! It's so cute!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have such great friends in Boston! It makes this Mama's heart very happy. Mama S

background

counter