Monday, November 24, 2008

Dec. 08 Mamas

When I first found out we were pregnant, I did what most people do and spent hours on the internet researching things.  One of the things I found was a site where women who were all due with babies in December of this year got together and chatted about things.  Long story short - the site changed and a lot of people didn't like the new format.  Me included.  

Then one of the ladies started a spin off site.  A few of us flocked over, and the small group of us have really bonded over the last 9 months.  It's been great.  Our small numbers have allowed us to really get to know each other.  We come from all kinds of backgrounds, families, and places.  We have ladies in California, Colorado, Chicago, Kansas, Denmark...the list goes on.  Ladies with kids and first time moms.  We range in age, size, and personality.  BUT, we get along, and we support each other.  We listen to each other when we need to rant, vent, and throw a fit and we celebrate with each other in our joys.  We nearly always make each other laugh.  We're never mean to one another.

In some ways, its strange to think that I have all of these friends that I've never met, but I feel that I know so well.  It's nice to know that when I'm wondering if something is "normal" or want to know about a baby product...or just want to talk about the events of the day- that I have this amazing group to talk with.  We even had an online baby shower recently - where we all sent gifts to each other and opened them at the same time.  Fun stuff. :)

Now, that we're almost to December, we've started having births!  It's very exciting to "see" all of these friends of mine having babies.  I'm so happy for all of them.  I can't wait to join them!

So, if you're one of my december mamas -I just want you to know that I value your friendship and am very happy that we've had this group to help us through these last 9 months.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

(sniff, sniff) Back at you Laura! = ) I think you said it perfectly!

Heather said...

I agree!!

You are great!
~Heather

Kristen said...

Yay for Dec 08 Mommies - we are the bestest!

Thank you for the heartfelt post.

Ben and Bethany said...

I had a group on babycenter that I chatted with and it really helped me through my pregnancy - especially all of the great tips and advice from 2nd/3rd/etc time moms. :)

Meredith said...

I joined a similar online group for July 04 Baby Mommy's with my first pregnancy, and I still "talk" to several of the girls often. We all had our second babies around the same time too, and were able to share that experience as well. I never thought I'd be the person to have "online" friends, but I do...and they are great! Glad you found a wonderful group of ladies to share this experience with.

background

counter