Thursday, May 29, 2008

baby's first pictures

Well, today was the big ultrasound day. I didn't know exactly what to expect, so I went to the appointment with relatively low expectations of a quick fuzzy look at something unidentifiable and see you in 6 weeks.  However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that we spent a good amount of time with the sonography tech, who took lots of pictures.  The best, was the unexpected 3D ultrasound.  Some of the pictures are hard to put together, but there were a few that were great.  

So, without further ado, here are the first pictures of our future child.  Enjoy!

Here's a closeup of the head: you can see it's little nose and ears, and even some brain growing, whew...


Full body at 12. 4 weeks.  They added two days according to it's measurements

3D ultrasound.  Hands up, like a true martial artist.  :-)  And legs crossed.  You can see lots here. 

This one is a little more obscured, but you can see the little arms really well.  

------------------------

On another note, I did my bloodwork again, and the lady was REALLY good.  It was over before I knew it, and I felt fine the whole time!  Whoo hoo!  

We go back in 4 weeks for some more blood work, and in 6-8 weeks we'll be able to tell the gender.  

We'll keep you posted of course. :o)

3 comments:

jennybee said...

So exciting, your first look at your firstborn child. I'm twitterpated.

hannah said...

"hands up like a true martial artist"....my very favorite part! i love them. they are great, great pictures. and i love that you too, love lucky charms. i love that slight crunch of the marshmallows. doesn't take much to make me happy...

so glad to see you well. the couch was my favorite place in the house until around week 15. then magically, it was like someone was injecting me with adrenaline without my knowing it.

keep it up. i love reading this.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for allowing us to share these wonderful moments with you. It means more to me right now than you and Kyle may realize. AJ

background

counter