Tuesday, May 6, 2008

spring


Today, it was warm.  It's been warm before, but I can't remember when.  Today, I turned on the air conditioner in my car.  A few days ago we got a much needed rain, and all of the flowers and trees decided to pop out immediately.  I love spring.  

Spring makes me want to be outside all the time.  It makes me want to eat ice cream cones while walking through the Commons.  It makes me want to wear flip flops or go barefoot all the time.  I want to sit on a city bench and watch people busying around.  It definitely makes me want to do less work.  I want to scrapbook.  Spring makes me want to walk around the city at night after seeing a movie at a small theater....or a big theater.  Spring makes me want to explore.  I wish I could lay in the grass and watch clouds like you do when you're a kid.  Spring makes me want fresh fruits... especially strawberries and pineapples.  It makes me want to go buy cute spring dresses and capris.  Spring makes me want to braid my hair.  Spring makes me less likely to dry my hair in the mornings.  I'd like to go for evening walks along the water. Seeing flowers makes me want to take lots of pictures.  Seeing daisy's and dandelions makes me want to make flower necklaces and crowns.  Spring makes me want to leave the windows open....and it makes me wish we had curtains so I could watch them billow.  Spring also makes me much more aware of bumblebees.  I think the spring time sun is more energizing than any other sun during the year.  Spring makes me want to get a manicure and pedicure....even though that's something I almost never do.  Spring makes me wish there were fewer politics on tv.  Spring reminds me of town festivals, and that makes me want things like turkey legs and overpriced lemonade.  Spring makes me want to hold hands....and skip.  :)  

I love spring.  I hope everybody lives it up as much as you can.  

No comments:

background

counter