Sunday, August 12, 2012

hello?

Hi blog.

To start, I have been without my laptop for over 2 weeks now.  This is terrible.  Well, terrible is a strong word, but I really really don't like not having my laptop.  The girls spilled my coffee a few weeks ago, and while most of it spilled on my and my newly cleaned couch cushions - there was a small splatter that landed on my keyboard.  It was a very small amount, but that, apparently, doesn't matter.  Within a few hours, my shift key wasn't working and the command key was acting as if always pressed.  In short, it made typing/clicking near impossible.  What really annoys me about the whole thing is that the OIIT office hasn't given me one word about my computer.  No update, prognosis, anything.  I had to call them to find out that they "might" have it sometime this coming week.

--> me being annoyed.

I'm really just complaining for no reason.  I have a phone, we have a desktop.  I can totally function, even if I prefer my laptop to any other device.  The only real problem is that I owe people pictures from several July sessions and I need my computer to finish those jobs.  I do have the pics backed up, so I'm not worried about losing them, but I need my computer back to finish them.  Sigh.

Anyway.  Let's update with stuff that's not that important first.

Kyle and I did more shopping this weekend than probably the whole year combined.  At least it feels that way.  To be fair, we really only got things that we needed (or kinda needed) and most everything we bought was on sale/clearance/couponed/ or gift carded.  AND it was tax free weekend.  I really like shopping with Kyle, but we do it so rarely.  And when we do?  It's nearly always for the girls.  Well, this weekend, we got the girls some fall clothes, but we also got things for ourselves.  My most exciting purchase was my new pair of running shoes.  I also got some new work clothes, jeans, watch, running clothes.  Nothing was expensive, but I'm happy with them.  I'm paritally happy with my new clothes because they're smaller than my current clothes.  I seriously didn't have one pair of jeans that fit anymore.  I bought jeans a size down than my "small pair" used to be.  That's exciting.  It's like exercising and eating well works or something.

On that note - I start month 2 of insanity tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to it.  I can tell some difference in myself, but I'm really hoping that month 2 will bring enough change to let me shed 2-3 more lbs and maybe work some magic on this post-baby middle.  I'm not really holding my breath for that part, it's exercise, not sorcery.

Running is going well.  I've been running outside for the first time in my life.  I'm hoping to run 5 miles tomorrow.  If I do, I get to wear my new running shoes.  If I don't, then...I'll try again later.  I would love to be able to do a 7 mile run before school starts in a few weeks.

And on THAT note - summer is flying by.

I think this has been my favorite summer.  At least as far as the girls are concerned.  They are at a really great age.  They play together, entertain each other, they are both fun and curious and creative. I have had a really good time.  This summer marks the first time since I became a mom where I've thought that  I might actually prefer being a stay at home mom to working full time.  If my days could be like these last few months have been - I would take it in a heartbeat.  When I used to imagine being a mom - I'm pretty sure this is the age I imagined.  I love doing projects, chasing and tickling, dancing and teaching them about things.  I suspect going back to work will be harder this fall.  I know I love my job, and I will be happy to work....but, it's just been really awesome spending my hours with these two littles of mine.

And because who knows when the next time I'll blog is - let's keep writing, shall we?

Elizabeth.  E.  Etrain. She is growing up so fast.  We had her 15 month check up the other day.  She's something like 23 or 24 lbs and 31 inches I think.  I don't know how many words she has, but there's plenty.  For the longest time, she was saying "thanks" instead of "thank you" for things.  It kinda came out like "Tanks"  Lately, however, it has dissolved to just "ss"    So, she kinda hisses at you when you give her things now.  But, we know what she means. :)

She's a really happy kid.  ALTHOUGH.  Despite my best best efforts, she has still learned that if she just cries and screams louder than anything else - she will get picked up, held, put down, let go, etc.  The child is loud.  At this age, Abby was of normal volume, if not quiet.  The observer - always watching before doing.  Not E.  She's the one who will run head first off the end of the couch yelling a battle cry the whole way.  But, it's all good.  It keeps me on my toes.

At 15 months - E is obsessed with bananas.  She actually hyperventilates when I pick one up to show her.  She bounces up and down, breathing super fast, hands in the air, saying "nananannaanana!"  Total monkey.  She loves anything and everything that Abby loves.  She tries to do everything Abby does.  She sleeps great.  She takes 1 nap a day.  She's a great eater.  I really have very few complaints about the child. ;)

And on to Miss Abby.  Best big sister every. Kyle and I joke that Abby was born to be a big sister, and that it's really a shame that E was born to be an only child. ;)  Abby is a little mommy a lot of the time. Now, they definitely have their moments.  There is a lot of reminding going on around here about what tone of voice to use and how to ask nicely for things.  But, really?  She does pretty well most of the time.  Abby is at the age of independence.  She wants to do everything on her own.  I try to let her as often as I'm able.  I'm often surprised when she really can do it alone.  Cracking eggs?  Color me impressed.  I feel like my bond with Abby has just gotten deeper this summer.  I really like being around her (most days) and she makes me laugh - like for real laugh.  More than once we've fallen into a giggle fit where I was just as tickled as she was.  And I don't even remember what started it, but what a fun little moment.

Ok.  I gotta go.  Kyle's off his conference call and I'm gonna head to bed. Wish me luck - I'm gonna be up with the sun running. :)

hopefully I'll blog before September.  If not, just know that it's because we're having really good days that leave me worn out...and maybe because I don't have my computer. ;)

3 comments:

Leah said...

Ahhh. Finally got my long awaited dose of Laura's world. Enjoy!

Bobbi Sharp said...

:D

<3

Anonymous said...

I'm glad tiny Laura has some new clothes. I just loved hearing about the girls. I'm so pleased you are all the way you are!

Granny

background

counter