Thursday, August 16, 2012

kidisms

So we're driving to playgroup and we're at a red light behind about a dozen other cars.  We wait, and when start driving again, Abby says:

Abby: "Mom?  Why didn't you make a sound?"
Me: "what do you mean?"
Abby: "With your horn? Why didn't you sound the horn?"
Me:  "Well, there was no reason to.  Why would I do that?"
Abby: "Because those cars need to hurry up and drive!  They're just sitting there."

I mean, could she sound more Boston?  It's funny because I abhor honking my horn.  I never do.  I mean, on the very rare occasion, I might give somebody a barely audible beep to tell them to go, but I really don't like to.  Apparently, she didn't need me to be the one to model that behavior.


The other day Abby made a very big mess and I got upset with her.  After we cleaned everything, I sat her down in my lap,

Me: "Abby, I'm sorry I got upset and yelled at you."
Abby:  "It's ok.  Mom, you know what?"
Me:  "what?"
Abby:  "Your yells are kinda....quiet.  I like them!  I don't like my yells, but I like yours."

Another little thing that has become a thing I want to remember is racing upstairs for bedtime (or other times)  Instead of saying "the last one up is a rotten egg"  We started with "Last one up is a goldfish!"  The girls seemed to think that was funny, and so now the first one up is the Shark, the last one up is the goldfish. Sometimes the middle people get assigned fish too, but for the most part, we do a lot of pretending to be sharks and goldfish.

E loves bananas, right?  Most mornings when I go into her room, she says the same things.  First, she holds out her kitty and says "Meow!"  Which has morphed into sounding like "now, now, now"  The second thing she usually does, especially if she's very hungry, is to look at me and get very close to my face and say "Nana.  Moh."  She says them very seriously and clearly.  It translates as "Banana.  Milk."  Then, when I say "Oh?  Do you want a banana and milk?"  She breaks out into the biggest smile and starts breathing in and out really fast.  When I take her downstairs, she stands by me, bouncing on her feet saying "nananannanana!  moh! moh!  nanananana!"  It's really cute.

Sometimes the girls have long conversations where Abby just attributes what she wants to E's jabber.  Such as,

E:  "Baya nonanana babaa!"
Abby:  "Oh, you want to play kitchen?  Ok, would you like me to make you some soup?"
E: "Blllttthhhppp"
Abby: "Well, I don't know if I have any cereal, but I'll make you some soup, you'll like it"
E: "doooodooodooodooyab"
Abby: "Ok, sure!"
E: "Blap"
Abby: "Do you want cheese soup or watermelon soup?"
E: "mmmm"
Abby: "MOOOOMMM! Etrain says she wants Watermelon Soup but I don't think that will taste good, so I'm going to make her cheese soup, OK???"

They'll play like that for good lengths of time.

Time's up.  Laundry to be switched, dishes to be washed, shower to be taken, and photo stuff packed for a double family shoot on the beach this evening!  Wish me luck ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for those ever precious kiddisms. Maybe Abby could send me her recipe for watermelon soup. I must have misplaced mine.

Love you guys!

Granny

Anonymous said...

<3

- kikki

background

counter