Monday, October 1, 2012

Insanity

At the beginning of the summer, Brittany was kind enough to let me borrow her copy of the Insanity Workout.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with it - it's a 60ish day workout program that has become pretty popular.  It's expensive, though, and not something I could afford on my own -so I was happy to borrow Brit's copy. 

The first week was a little rough in that my calves felt like they were going to pop off my legs, but they acclimated fairly quickly and I really enjoyed the workouts.  I found that while I wasn't able to complete every second of every workout - I felt great when I'd finished.  I was able to do them for 2 weeks without missing a day.

Then, I went on vacation and took two weeks off.  

But, when I got back, I jumped right back in.  

All the time I was doing Insanity, I was also training for this 1/2 marathon - so, over the summer, I was getting plenty of exercise.  I think Kyle was even worried I was doing too much - but I wasn't.  I was eating more than usual because I had to, but overall, I started feeling stronger and better. 

I was supposed to have finished the program when work started, but due to my 2 week break on vacation, I still had 2 weeks left.  Things got much harder to keep up after work started.  I did a video here and there but wasn't able to keep up with them every day.  And due to the girls being sick, me being sick, and a batch of rainy weather - I haven't worked out at all in 2 weeks.  It's terrible.  All that training seems to slip away so quickly.  

So, I decided to cut my losses and start over from the beginning.  So, today, is day one of Insanity again and I did my workout with 2 little monsters hanging and tugging on me the whole time.  My goal is to do a video on the days I don't run.  With this whole job-thing there's no way I have time to run and do a workout.  Especially since it's getting dark earlier and earlier. 

Anyway.  I'm all off subject.  What did I think about the program? I loved it.  I saw results.  I felt good. Once I hit month two, I hated it because it got hard and it was exhausting.  But, pretty soon I liked it again.  

I didn't take measurements when I started and I only took a handful of before pictures.  And there's no way on God's green earth the internet is seeing those full body shots - but I'll share my arm pictures because I think they do a good job of representing the change I felt.  Overall, I think I lost somewhere around 7lbs and I dropped 1-2 jean sizes - so, I was happy.  I haven't worn clothes this size since I started college.

So, if you're thinking about it - I highly recommend it.  If you can commit to pushing play every day - you won't regret it.  :)


 Left arm pics - Day 1 and 6 week picture

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You look fabulous!

Linda said...

I'm proud of you! You are tough stuff and very pretty!

Granny

background

counter