Saturday, June 22, 2013

a week in (mostly) pictures

In no particular order - here are a bunch of photos I've taken since we've been home with Madeline.  It's random and unorganized - but so is life right now. :)



This double rainbow made local headlines this week.  I happened to see it while doing dishes after the girls were all in bed.  I went and stood in the rain in the middle of the street to take a few phone pics.  Rainbows are always special

E said she was a robot - and insisted on playing with this bucket on her head. 

Our first day home with Madeline


nursing is serious business


the first picture of me and my three girls 


Abby and E giving me a morning rock concert.  
I love watching them play.

Madeline's first bath - Abby was, as always, very helpful.
Madeline did not like it.  Any of it.  Not one bit.  ;)


3 days old and we couldn't stay inside on such a beautiful day. 
 We all went to the park and had a picnic lunch.  It was lovely.


Abby drew me a birthday cake.  
She said she couldn't quite remember how old I was - but she though 15 was close. <3 p="">


Daddy-Madeline fist bump.  1 day old


Jen has come over to help some this week.  
She is so good with the girls, we feel really lucky to have her in our lives. 


This is my little tom-boy ragmuffin E.  Who knew?  She has become such a big girl in the last week, and I can't seem to  find a way to stop her from growing.


Jen decorated the front of the house for our homecoming
....and to let curious neighbors know the news :)


This is exactly where I was the minute Madeline turned 1 week old.  We were on a family walk - stopped at the bridge to watch and wave at trains.


I love this picture, it captures Abby's sweet and caring personality so truly.


Abby was showing Madeline her bird book - to keep her from crying.  She was explaining that we have a baby hawk that lives nearby - and that it's a baby just like Madeline - except baby hawks are fuzzy and baby Madelines are not. 

Abby put Madeline's first sticker on.  
You're welcome, paralyzed veterans of america.


more front door decor


We finally opened the gender envelope that has been sitting in our kitchen since January.  

Madeline's first sunrise at home

The girls color every day during snack time.  E colored this goldfish - and while I'm not 100% sure she meant for it to look So much like a goldfish - I was pretty impressed. 


fell asleep

3 days old - first froyo trip with the fam. 


Grilling out to celebrate the official start of summer.  Good stuff :)

No comments:

background

counter