Monday, June 24, 2013

summer day

Today was a good day.

I didn't sleep enough, but that's ok.  I made coffee instead.  We all got up this morning and Kyle went off to work.  He's still working 1/2 days this week.

I decided that it was as good a day as any to try to potty train E a little.  I put her little potty in the living room and stripped her down to a t-shirt.  The girls played while Madeline slept upstairs and I had planned to do a lot of cleaning and clothes sorting (fun!).  Luckily, a friend invited us to go to a splash park with them instead.  It was a little spontaneous - but I managed to get everyone dressed, bags packed for a splash park/ playground, and out the door in an hour.  If that doesn't sound impressive to you, then you are much more organized than myself.

We had never been to this particular splash park before - which is surprising, because it's 1.3 miles from our house.  The girls LOVED it.  It was jam packed though.  We left the house at 9:30 and it was already in the mid 80s.  Pretty hot for us Northern folk.  The girls played with their friends and got wet and played on the playground and dried off, then got wet some more.  We eventually got them to a second (fenced-in) playground where we hung out until it was time to go.

E threw a huge fit over leaving.  Poor thing.  You know it's a fun time when I get that level of tantrum over leaving.  Epic stuff.  Plus she was hot, and tired, and hungry.  A winning combo for sure.

We decided that lunch out sounded better than mac-n-cheese and our friends agreed.  I picked up Kyle on the way and we all enjoyed some Chipotle for lunch.  Yummo.

Once home, E went to nap, I went to feed Madeline, and Abby went to play with her friend down the street.  Once E and M were both napping - I joined in.  I got a full hour before I woke up.  Felt nice.

Our awesome playgroup has arranged for people to bring us meals twice a week through mid July.  This is amazing and generous, and I feel guilty about it but am really thankful on days like today when dinner just showed up and I didn't have to do anything.  So nice.  We all enjoyed dinner, and then it was time to clean up and go to bed.

And here I am.  Logging our day while Madeline tries to drift off next to me in her baby chair.  It was a good day - full and busy, hot and tiring. I'd much rather spend the day outside and keeping the girls active than cooped up inside with too much Disney Jr. (again).  It makes the time fly by- and they're so much happier for it.

I sadly forgot my phone at home while we were out and about today - so no fun splash park pics.  Here are a few others from yesterday and today though.


Madeline's belly button stump fell off yesterday - so we were excited to see if all 3 fit in the tub. 
Abby and E's expressions are priceless here, and pretty much sum up everything right now. :)


Madeline's first trip to the abandoned flower shop that A&E love to visit every Sunday.  
Also - showing off their pretty butterfly dresses from Granny and Grandpa (thanks!)


Going on a 5+ hour nap.  She sleeps all the time right now. 


Another gift from Granny and Grandpa - 
making miss Madeline the best smelling member of the family. 
Abby asked "Mom?  Why do you want her to smell like BEES?"


Potty training.  Rain boots optional, but preferred. 

No comments:

background

counter