Monday, July 1, 2013

my madeline

Kyle left for Orlando yesterday.  He'll be gone for the week while he stays busy at the NFB national convention down there.

So, it's me and the 3 girls most of the week.  I managed to get all three to mass yesterday, and then we went out to lunch together - it all went well, and I was happy for that.

Last night, after I got Abby and E in bed, I came downstairs and held Madeline.  She fell asleep on my shoulder - and as I listened to her little baby breaths in my neck and smelled her sweet baby smell, I felt myself bonding with her.  It was nearly tangible.  My heart swelled, a shot of endorphins or some hormone ran through me and I took a deep breath, smiled, and snuggled her closer.

Then I took a picture.  So that I could remember that sweet moment.


background

counter