Thursday, January 26, 2012

problem solving skills

Yesterday, a man ran in front of our car  after the light at the intersection had turned green.  I slammed on my breaks to avoid running him over and he braced his hand on the hood of our car and gave me this look like "sorry about that!" and walked off.  I was pretty annoyed.  Y'know, I tend to dislike running over people.  Abby then asked, "Mommy?  Why did that man almost hit us?"

The rest of the conversation when like this:

Me: "I don't know, but he wasn't being very safe"
Abs: "Yeah, he shouldn't go in front of cars.  That's dangerous."
Me: "yes, it is.  You are absolutely correct"
Abs: (thinking)..."maybe we just need a cage."
Me: "A cage?"
Abs: (still thinking it through)..."Yeah...a cage!  Yeah.  We'll just get a BIG cage, and put it at the end of the sidewalk.  Theeeeeen, all the people will walk into the cage and get trapped."
Me: (laughing) "Well, ok, but how will they get to the other side of the street?"
Abs: "They can't.  They're in the cage.  But they wouldn't go in the street"
Me: "Ok, sounds like a good idea to me"
Abs: "Yeah!  We just need to find a cage.  A big one.  Maybe at Target or somewhere."

People of Boston, you've been warned. We're looking for a cage.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

That is the most fabulous idea I have heard all year.

Bobbi Sharp said...

How can you not love her thought process? Priceless.

Anonymous said...

Wise Child!

Granny

jennybee said...

Problem-solving skills = A.
PR/people skills may need some work.

Though to be fair, I fantasized about getting a cage for a few people today, too.

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

oh, I adore her.

I especially adore that she even knew she wanted to look at Target. I mean, the girl is bright, they have EVERYTHING!

background

counter