Friday, February 24, 2012

the kind with toffee in the middle

Yesterday, I spent over 2 hours of my life trying to get the girls to nap.  First I put E down, then I sat in Abby's room so she would calm down and go to sleep.  An hour later, Abby still wasn't asleep, but E woke up.  Then E fell asleep on me and I rocked her until I thought it was safe to put her down again.  The second I left the room - she started screaming.  I checked on Abby and she was still awake.  Back and forth.  It was all very pointless.

Today - I put E in her crib, Tucked Abby in her bed and locked to gate.  I've been listening to E scream and yell and carry on for 30 mins and I can hear Abby running back and forth across her room.

But whatever.  I'll go back up there in an hour and see what damage has been done.

In the meantime, I'm going to lay on the couch and eat a piece of chocolate.  Cause, y'know, that's what naptime is really all about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet the chocolate helps a little. I didn't think of that.

Granny

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

I feel like naptime is about me napping. and sometimes just staring at the wall with my mouth slightly open. chocolate can be part of that, though.

background

counter