Friday, February 24, 2012

Las Vegas

Brittany drew my name for Christmas this year.  I said the only thing I wanted was a date night, and if she could babysit, I'd be thrilled.  She said one night wasn't enough and suggested an overnight trip.  What a thought.  Kyle and I have never taken a trip with just the two of us since our honeymoon.  We've been on lots of trips, sure - but always with kids or others.  I told Kyle about the offer and somehow it turned from 1 night into a weekend trip.  Just like our honeymoon, we decided it would be fun for Kyle to plan and for me to be surprised.

We went to the airport on Friday afternoon, where I learned that we would be going to Las Vegas.  :)  We've never been and I was excited.  And, just for the record, this trip was completely paid for via miles and reward points.  We, contrary to popular belief, do not have the funds for weekend excursions to Vegas.  But, my awesome hubby was able to get first class tickets there and back and three nights in a nice hotel for a total of $20.  Thank you Delta and Starwood Hotels.  /end endorsement.

I could, and should, write a lot about this trip.  But - guess what - I've got a 10 month old (!) hanging on one leg and a 3-year old asking if she can pour the milk all by herself....so, deeper reflections are going to have to wait.

What I can share are pictures.

I'd like to call this simply: "Las Vegas" but I think "Las Vegas: an excuse to Instragram" may be more appropriate.  I took "real" pictures too of course - but these were so easy and fun.  I hope it gives a glimpse of our trip and how much fun we had.

Thank you Kyle for planning everything, love you too.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You captured the getaway so well, Laura! I loved taking the tour! So glad you and Kyle had fun.

Ouma

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a lot of fun with Kyle!

Granny

background

counter