Thursday, May 17, 2012

feeling good

I have, recently, crossed that threshold from having to go to the gym to wanting to go to the gym.  I'm really trying to keep a good schedule for this 1/2 marathon training and stick to it.  Having said that, I don't know that I've had a week yet that I've been able to go as often as I want, but it's worthwhile that I at least now WANT to go.

Part (all?) of the problem comes down to scheduling...especially now with summer kinda here.  The college gym we go to has summer hours.  This means it closes at 8:30 and 5:30 on the weekends.  This leaves me very little time to get to the gym and makes it pretty impossible on days when Kyle has class.

I was feeling a little bummed about it - my desires not matching up with my availability.  So, yesterday I switched gyms.  I'm kinda excited!

The new place is open 24 hours, and during most of the day - child care is available.  Those two things alone make SUCH a huge difference.  It's about 15 minutes from my house, which isn't too bad.  The best part is that Kyle and I can both go and have unlimited child care for 2 kids for LESS than what it cost for just me to attend the BC gym per month....which had no child care, limited hours, and no air conditioning (it's the little things).

So, I'm cautiously optimistic.  The thing I'm most worried about is how the girls, E especially, will do with the day care.  It seems nice enough, well staffed, and all of that.  But neither of my girls have ever been dropped off at a 3rd party location without me right there with them.  NOT because we just can't bear to be apart, but because we've just never had to do it.  So, I hope that goes well.  But, I suppose if not - I can just go when they're in bed like always.  I actually like the idea of incorporating them into my gym routine.  I think it sets a good example if going to the gym and exercising are part of what is "normal" to them.

So yeah, with my running, I'm feeling good.  I've managed to lose a pound or two and I feel better, I'm eating better, I'm drinking more water.  I've also been indulging in a little self care.  I painted my nails, I bought new pillows for my bed.  I'm thinking about being a little irresponsible and buying some shoes that I don't really need.  I found a used patio set on craigslist that I'm picking up today - it makes me happy.  Abby and I planted squash, and they are growing at warp speed...which is satisfying.  And?  I have 4 photo shoots lined up for the next month - and having that creative outlet makes a world of difference for me.  It puts me in a good mood.  Add all that together with the warmer weather and the sunshine- and I'm feeling good.

I hope you are too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really good!

Granny

Kristen said...

I love hearing all this positive news!

Billie Jo said...

Yay. Love you!

background

counter