Tuesday, November 20, 2012

30

So, I'm 30 now.  That happened yesterday.

I imagine that the significance of that will settle in eventually.  Right now, though, it's just another day.

I treated myself to a coffee yesterday thanks to a birthday coupon I got in the mail - yay for not spending money.  My work day was really really busy and I didn't have enough time to get everything done that I needed to.  But, that's ok.

I came home and was happily surprised with cupcakes and a family portrait that Abby and our nanny put together.  Abby's excitement and pride over surprising me with the cupcakes was the highlight of my day.  A very thoughtful friend sent an edible arrangement for our enjoyment and Kyle's sisters sent a goodie box of nice things.  I played with the girls and picked up Kyle from work and took him to class.  We came back home for our typical routine.  I put the girls down and ordered chinese food for my and Kyle's dinner.

And that was that.

Not the most exciting-spectacular-firework-and-sparklers day ever, perhaps.  But, still with lots of good wishes and nice gestures - and for that, I'm thankful.  Perhaps I'll find time some time to do something special to "celebrate" instead of eating too much sesame seed chicken and an early bedtime. Or maybe not, maybe thirty is the beginning of a new low-key.  Either way, it's good to remember that even my low-key days are blessed and I shouldn't take even one low-key minute of them for granted.

Thanks to everyone who made yesterday special.

onward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you 30 something!

Granny

background

counter