Friday, November 16, 2012

pre-school

Today, Kyle and I toured the school that we're hoping to send Abby to next year.  She will be in what they call a K1 class, which is the year before official Kindergarten.  If we stay here in Newton, Abby will go to public school for kindergarten, but our town doesn't do public pre-school and the ones near us are too pricey and not workable with our schedules.

The school we're looking at is a Catholic school just a few blocks from where I work.  She would be there 5 days a week from 7:30-2:45 - which, more or less, mirrors my own work schedule.  Other than having to pay tuition (which is a lot - but reasonable for the area) its a great fit for us.

We'll know if she gets in sometime at the end of January.

It was a little weird though - weird to be the parents taking the tour, weird to see kids her age (and younger) going about their school days.  It was weird to try to imagine her in school full time.  It was weird thinking about dropping her off and picking her up.  I'm definitely going to be a cryer next year.

Of course, I'm pretty confident Abs will love it.  I think she'll thrive with the structure and positive adult attention.  I hope she will, anyway.  This is all new for us, and while it's still a year away - the process starts now...which makes time seem like it's moving faster than ever.


3 comments:

Leah said...

On the one hand I can't wait to get Cady in school. Partly for the structure and activities. Partly for my sanity. ;) But it also scares me to death to send her out into the real world without me. Good luck on getting in!

*Jen* said...

It's a big deal!
These kids grow too fast.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! The times they are a changing! I'm sure Abby will do fine in kindergarden1 because she has developed into such a fine character so far!

Granny!

background

counter