Monday, January 7, 2013

before I forget...

Kyle and I haven't decided if when we should open our secret envelope revealing baby's gender.  Kyle still wants to wait to be surprised, but I'm still hoping he'll come around and let me know before hand.

But, before I forget, I wanted to document an exchange that happened before Christmas.

I was helping Abby write her wish list to Santa.  She was telling me what she wanted, and I wrote it down.  When she was done with her part, I asked her "What do you think E wants?"

And you have to remember that we had not yet told her about the impending #3.

She says very simply "Maybe she'd like a boy"

I paused, and asked "What do you mean?  Like a boy doll?"

And Abby says, "Oooor, y'know, just like a real boy."

I was a little creeped out and decided to keep the conversation going in another direction - and Abby eventually decided E would like a ball for Christmas.

I suppose only time will tell if she was right.  I still don't have any idea what prompted her to say that - or what she thought she meant...but, I thought it was worth documenting.  Y'know, just in case Santa was listening.


2 comments:

Heather said...

I love it.

And, you might want to consider updating your blog photo. ;)

jennybee said...

It worked for me 30 years ago. :)

background

counter