Thursday, March 21, 2013

March

I'm not in a particularly good mood right now.

I'm waiting at the doctor's office after a blood draw until I can get my rhogam shot in an hour.  There's another lady across the room from me who is a few weeks behind me in her pregnancy - but she looks like a pencil.  She's one of *those* types.

I'm tired.  Some weird leg pains kept me up last night - until Abby started throwing up - then that kept me up.  My throat hurts and my stomach is unsettled.  I don't think I'm sick like Abby - I think I shouldn't have had that donut for breakfast.  Unsettled nonetheless.  And tired.

I'd rather be home for sure.

But, after this, I have to make a special trip across town to see a kid who was absent yesterday when I needed to see him.  It'll be fine...but, y'know...I'd rather be home.  I'm gonna have to stop and get gas on the way.

I've been thinking, and while March does have a few redeeming qualities - mostly in the form of St. Patrick's Day - the rest of the month doesn't do much for me.  I've thought about declaring it my least favorite month of the year....but because I over-personify everything...I don't want to hurt March's feelings.  It's not like it *asked* to be the one between Feb and April. Just bad luck.

The month starts off with a sad anniversary for us.  We remember Ouma daily - but the actual day left me feeling more than I had anticipated.  I was glad when it was over.  All during February - you look forward to March because it seems to mark the point where things will start getting better - warmer, sunnier, spring-ier.  But, that's just not true.  March is still cold and snowy and rainy and slushy and grey and wintery.  Just like Feb.  Except, in Feb - you expect that and in March - it's like a little let down everyday.

I'm being overdramatic.  Remember, I've not slept and I don't feel well.  Just roll with it.

I'm ready for spring.  I need sun and warmer temps and I want the snow gone.  I'm done with it.  The winter is wearing on me.

Abby is sick - she's very pitiful.  I want to be home with her right now, rubbing her back, stroking her hair, and loving her.  This is one of those - admittedly rare - days where I wish I weren't a working mom.  Also - I kinda wish I were home resting and having someone take care of me.  I think my stomach is feeling worse.

Tomorrow will be better.  It always is.  And I have so many good things around me that it's not really fair for me to spend so much energy complaining.  But, it felt good to get that out anyway.

Sorry I've been so MIA yet again.  I sit down to write on occasion and just don't know where to start, or how to start, or I fall asleep before I start.  I'll try to be better for April.

1 comment:

Heather said...

YES!!!! about March. Exactly that!!

Sorry you are not having a wonderful day. :(

background

counter