Wednesday, September 3, 2008

back to life.

I officially started back to work yesterday, but tomorrow is the first day that the students are back.  I've been running around to first of the year meetings, turning in paperwork to the downtown office, visiting the psych office to pick up this and that, and setting up my office space at the high school.  

I'm, in a way, happy school is starting back.  A fresh clean start is always so nice.  I know that by next week, I'll be singing a different song...but for now, it's kinda nice.  Of course, I had to go get new office supplies, which always helps.  Among my favorites are my new robin egg blue 3-pocket wall file and my big new dry erase board...oh, and my new wall posters (starry night and another artsy piece)  I also got a box of kleenex with a really cute pattern on it.  :-)  It doesn't take much to make me happy.  

Over the next few days, I'll keep setting things up and getting re-situated into the school.  I have to wait and see if I'll be sharing my office with 2 others like I did last year, or if they've been relegated to another location.  It would be nice to have my own space. 

Next week, I anticipate I'll start actually seeing kids.  

In other news, Kyle and I officially have our new car.  We drove her home tonight.  We still like it.  I was a little sad giving Zoie away, but we did it quick, and I KNOW she'll go to a MUCH better home.  (sniff)

And, in still other news, I'm feeling more pregnant every day.  We've entered the phase where my body starts to complain more.  My feet and back and hips ache more.  My breathing is shallower than in the past.  I move awkwardly when getting in and out of the car etc etc....

Ok, that should do as a quicky update.  I'll have more to write as school gets underway.  Thanks for reading. ;-)

No comments:

background

counter