Sunday, September 21, 2008

weekend

Kyle and I have had a pretty laid back weekend.  Nothing overly exciting to report...but hey, that's not a bad thing for a weekend.  

On Saturday we decided to go explore a new region of the area in search of a Target Greatland.  It wasn't really that far from where we live.  About 20 mins away.  We get within 1.3 miles of the store and hit traffic.  Ugh.  The problem was that some genius decided that construction had to get done and that they needed to merge traffic from the interstate plus 3 other highways into one lane.  Again. Ugh.  I exaggerate not when I tell you that it took over an hour to to move .8 miles and about 20 mins for the last .5 or so.  

Of course, Kyle didn't mind too much because that meant he could listen to the hogs play bama...which was a whole other kind of frustration....

Anyway, Target turned out to be about the same size as every other target we've been in.  C'est la vie.  We ate lunch at the Texas Roadhouse, which we had never visited before.  Maybe we were just tired, but it was really good, and they stuffed us with food.  We left feeling very satisfied.  We pretty much just came home (via a creative route because I refused to sit in the same traffic on the way back) Kyle watched football, and I fell asleep.

Today was a pretty lazy day too.  We made a budget, so that's good.  I cleaned and did some organizing.  Kyle watched football.  Tonight we went out for our Sunday burritos (a strange tradition that we've fallen into) and then went to see Burn After Reading.  We liked it.  It was...interesting.  Cohen-esque for sure.  

Anyway, Kyle's back to watching football now (oh me, it's a long season isn't it?) and I'm just getting ready for another work week.  Happy Mondays to everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know Laura I really enjoy reading your blogs. I look forward to each new posting with eagere anticipation. Thanks!! Love AJ

background

counter