Tuesday, September 30, 2008

a nice moment

woah.  two posts in one day.  I know....crazzzy.  

After I got off work, I had about an hour before Kyle got off work.  I thought it might be nice to pick him up today so he wouldn't have to walk home (it's not a long walk, but, still, sometimes its nice to have a ride).  After trying to decide how to waste an hour, I eventually decided I would just park outside his building and play solitaire on my phone.  

So, I did.  I won Klondike 1-draw 6 times in a row!  That's got to be a record.  

When Kyle came out, I decided that it might be nice to take advantage of the nice fallish weather and just spend some time together.  So, we went to starbucks.  I got a white chocolate raspberry mocha.  Mmmm.  It was the best one I've ever had.  It was perfect for holding and sipping as we sat outside, watching the city traffic walk, drive, and ride by.  Feeling both, a part of the busy city passing by, and feeling very close at our little table for two.  Kyle got some sort of iced drink, but they accidently made him a hot one...so he ended up with 2.  

We sat outside and enjoyed the crisp air as we both shared the events of our respective days.  Sipping coffee drinks also makes us both a little more loquacious than usual.  We took turns being super chatty. I enjoyed hearing Kyle rehash his day...and enjoyed telling him about mine.  

Now, I don't want to make it sound like we never talk.  We talk every day. We share our days events everyday, we spend lots of time together actually...but every once in a while, it's nice to just sit and relax and sip a drink and enjoy each others company in a different way.  And the fall weather, I think, just enhanced the experience.  I'm really happy to have such a good friend in a husband.  

It was a nice moment.  

No comments:

background

counter