Thursday, September 4, 2008

good start

So, as noted previously, today was the first day of school.  

I got up this morning and took a shower and got dressed in my favorite little preggo dress.  I fixed my hair and sprayed my moonlight path spray.  I packed and grabbed my brand new computer bag (a nice professional looking one, instead of the canvas messenger bag of last year)  and I was on my way out the door 10 mins early.  I rode down the elevator to my brand new ride, swung my new bag in the backseat, and headed out to the school where I parked and marched in with a target bag full of office supplies in one hand, and a new dry erase board in the other.

School was great today.  Who doesn't love the first day of school?  I spent the day setting up my office.  It turns out, I won't have to share it much this year after all!  I will share it some of the time, but more for storage space than actual work space.  So, I spent all day marking my territory by hanging posters, arranging my office supplies, and labeling my hanging files (sooo excited about my hanging files!)  What you should understand, is that my office is not an impressive space by any means.  It's small, it has no windows, the walls need paint, there is no air and it's hot.  But, imagine sharing it with 2 other people!  I LOVE my little corner of the high school.  And, the whole thing makes me very optimistic about the school year.  

After school, I met up with a girl who sold me a cute little microwave that I can use in my office (I heart craigslist).  Then, I went to Target (again) and got some more stuff.  Kyle and I went to taekwondo tonight, but stopped at outback on the way home for a little nicer dinner than our normal Wendy's or Subway.  

So, I guess tomorrow has a lot to live up to.  Today was a great day.


My office yesterday:   



And today: 


No comments:

background

counter