Monday, September 15, 2008

third trimester

Welcome to the beginning of the end...

Today marks the first day of the last trimester for us.  12 weeks left, 3 months to go, oh how time flies.  I'm sure that it's going to start flying even faster now.  I think being in school makes that happen...having a routine and a schedule and deadlines.  Deadlines Always make time go faster.  Here is how my life is divided for the next few months: 

September- testing kids at school and writing reports in order to stay ahead of the game.
October- friends coming to visit the first weekend, school seminars on the other weekends, we move into our new apartment on the 25th!!! Then, Halloween.  
November- the one month countdown begins, then you have my birthday, and then thanksgiving, and then...a baby!  

Throw in some social events, some red sox action, all the doctors appointments, the changing of the seasons and setting up the nursery...oh, and all of Kyle's activities too...and I think that December will be here before we know it!  

Last night, a little before midnight, I read Kyle the small excerpt from "what to expect" about the third trimester.  One of the things it said I should expect was heartburn.  So, Kyle tucks me in.  I kid you not, 10 mins later, I'm sitting up with this uncomfortable warming in my chest.  "Wow" I thought,  "that book was dead on"  Well, I've never had heartburn and wasn't sure what I should do about it.  That action, however, was soon decided for me.  I tried to go back to sleep...but I broke out in a cold sweat, my heart sped up.  I suddenly had flashbacks to the first trimester.  I knew this feeling all too well.  

I'll spare you the lovely details.  Long story short is that I had a bad taco for dinner and my body made SURE that there was NO trace of it left in me.  It was miserable.  Kyle took care of me of course, like he always does.  I eventually got back to bed and feel fine today.  But, man, I hope that's not an indication of what the next 3 months have in store.  

Anyway, we're happy to have made it this far.  Oh! And if you haven't...you should click on my friend Hannah's blog to the right here and look at the pictures of her brand new Baby Boy! He's adorable.  :-)  Check ya later. 

No comments:

background

counter