Wednesday, December 10, 2008

postdate update.

Hello again.  Kyle and I just returned from our scheduled post-date ultrasound and non-stress test.  

Everything looks hunky dory  from what we were told.  In the words of the ultrasound tech, "She's well cooked and happy"  So, really, this just means that we have more waiting to do.We don't have any pictures to show from the u/s since she's too big at this point to really fit into a single frame.  We did get to see her organs, so at least she has those...and bones.  Toward the end of our ultrasound, a rather old looking Indian doctor came in.  He was small and had old leathery skin and a wise, weathered look about him.  He asked the tech some questions and then asked me what my ancestry was.  I said Scottish and English.  He thought for a moment and said "hmmm, 7 more days then, maybe 5"  

Thank you doctor Yoda.  

I'm filling my time with things.  I cooked 6 dozen cookies this morning.  I'll probably bake more tomorrow.  I also thawed and repackaged a bunch of meat from our freezer into meal sized portions.  Why?  Just because.  

Anyway.  We have a doctor's appointment scheduled for Monday.  At that point, we'll discuss induction.  

2 comments:

Ben and Bethany said...

I know you have great friends but I was advised to do lots of cooking and freezing at this point (never made it) but they were sooo right...just do lots of blogging to keep us entertained :)

hannah said...

seriously, i'm with bethany. that is the funniest post so far. i love the description of the old, weathered looking doctor. i love you calling him yoda.

i won't tell you to be thankful for whatever reason that would not make you feel better...instead...

go run or something. do some jumping jacks. do you have a zoo? go see the storks. my friend whitney went to the see the storks. she cussed them out. and she had preston like 2 hours later. seriously. she really did. :)

hang in there. and i'll tell you like someone told me...

there will be a time when you are staring down at the crib...at your screaming baby...and you'll think, "man, if only i could jam her back inside for just a few minutes to get some peace and quiet".

i never thought i'd think it...but i have. i really, really have.

can't wait to see her! love you laura!

background

counter