Thursday, December 18, 2008

rockstar

That's how I feel right now. 

I will probably feel like a slug in an hour - but right now, I feel like a rock star.

We took Abby out today, we ran by BC with dad and then we all went to Target to get some odds and ends.  Fun times!  Target, the week before Christmas.  Our little Abbykat did great - slept the whole time.  



When we got home, we cooked dinner and I fed the baby...and ate dinner.  Then, and this is key, me and baby took a 2 hour nap!  After that, I changed her and put her in her crib.  I then commenced to clean the apartment.  I put up laundry, I took out trash, I tidied every room, Kyle did dishes.  I put away all our target purchases and organized our changing table.  We even had time to make brownies before I sat down at the computer here.  The whole time, Abigail was just chillin in her crib.  Wide awake and content.  She's such a good baby!

I love when she is content enough that I can get things done around the apartment - it makes me feel super productive and just good.  Like, I can do this, see? It helps that she seems to be a super content child.  She only cries when she needs something.  She doesn't cry when we change her, or when we dress her, or during bath time.  She cries when she's hungry, uncomfortable, or needs changing.  As Kyle and I often say to each other, "fair enough"  

So, now its time for another meal for baby (and another brownie for mommy) and we'll start our bedtime "routine"  The BPS cancelled school tomorrow in anticipation of the snow storm coming.  We'll see what that brings!

I just wanted to take a moment to remember this rockstar feeling.  

3 comments:

Lauren McKnight said...

Wow you are a superstar! Abby sounds like a great baby. She looked so tiny in the pic from Target! Thanks for my congratulations, but really you are the one who should be congratulated. It sounds like you have the mommy thing down pat!

Anonymous said...

She looks adorable in that cart....but TARGET? Ya gotta be kidding me. She deserves better...lol!!! Can't wait to meet her....but who knows when. AJ

Billie Jo said...

You are a rockstar. And Kyle, too. I tease Ricky that I might have to borrow Kyle (or some other stand-in surrogate husband) when I'm pregnant and then have a baby... ;)
We miss you tons and love all the updating you do!

background

counter