Monday, December 1, 2008

39 weeks

I just got back from my 39 week doctor's appointment.  

BP and heartbeat look fine.  I'm still half human, half water balloon.  Baby is measuring right on target, according to my belly size.  However, no major progress toward labor. I made an appointment for next monday, which is our estimated due date.  If I'm still pregnant on next wednesday, then they'll do an ultrasound just to make sure Abigail is happy and comfortable.  

Sooo, while I know anything could happen, all signs point to a little more waiting.  

I'm a procrastinator and so is Kyle - so it only makes sense that Abigail is taking her sweet time.  I wonder if that means that she'll suddenly realize a few hours before she's due that she has a lot of work to do...

I'll keep ya posted. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Tis "the season" for waiting--Advent is all about waiting for something to happen over which we have no control, only God.

Thank you, Laura, for the wonderful gift of your writing! May these next days of waiting while God and Abigail fine tune everything be blessed days for you.

--Daddy

Ben and Bethany said...

giiiiiiiirl you go watch a movie, put your feet up, take a nap and enjoy the absence of an overflow of crazy hormones before your little beauty arrives. :) We'll be praying that she comes exactly when God wants her to...and that everything will be safe and healthy!

background

counter