Monday, November 21, 2011

29.

Another trip around the sun has come and gone - just like that.  I turned 29 on Saturday.  I feel like I should feel old, but I don't.  Maybe next year. ;)

I had a great day.  It was busy and exhausting, but great.  Saturday morning, the girls woke up at 6am like always.  Abby greeted me with a "Happy Birthday JoJo!" and I had to remind her that JoJo's birthday was a few days prior.  It's all very confusing for a 2 year old.  I tried convincing her that it was MY birthday, but she was quite distraught that I didn't have any cake.  She's 110% sure that you can't have a birthday without cake.

E woke me up with a little present - a teething necklace that I can wear, and she can chew.  It's grey - which is currently the color of her eyes.  E and I both liked it very much.

We all got up and got dressed and eventually made our way out of the house.  We walked down to Dunkies and had a birthday breakfast of coffee and treats.  We hopped on the train and headed into town.

We took the girls to the Children's museum, and Abby had the best time.  She was beaming the whole time we were there and it was so fun to watch her so excited about everything.  Even E could enjoy some of the things now.  We stayed for several hours before heading out for lunch.

There's a place right next to the museum called the Barking Crab that we've tried to go to several times before, but the waiting list is always 3 or 4 days long.  But, we thought we'd have better luck for lunch.  So we tried and it didn't take too long before we actually got a table.  The food was great and the girls held it together - despite it being past naptime now.

We decided it would be best to head home after that and give the girls some down time.  We got home around 3.  E slept on the train, but Abby was awake the whole time.  We relaxed for a little bit and decided to go grocery shopping....we were really low on, everything.  Grocery shopping is always a big ordeal, so it was nice to have Kyle and Brit join us - the more hands, the better.  While we were at the store, Abby reminded me that I needed a birthday cake (y'know, so that it could *officially* be my birthday)  I let her pick out some mini cupcakes and she was quite pleased with those.

And home we went again.  Poor Abby - she was exhausted and hungry and just worn out.  I asked her what she wanted for supper, and she said she wanted a cupcake.  I told her she could have a cupcake later - and she lost it.  It's not her fault.  It was *almost* comical, and most certainly predictable.  I went and got a cupcake out to put on her plate with her supper (hey, choose your battles)  She said, between sobs, that I needed a candle.  I looked for one, but could only find the one we used for Abby's birthday last year.  Eh - it was a 2, so it at least half worked.  I plopped the giant 2 on top of the mini cupcake and took it to Abby so she could help me blow it out.  She just screamed and cried the whole time.  The poor thing just couldn't pull it together.  She was SPENT.

Somehow, things calmed down and we got the girls fed and put to bed.  Whew.

But wait, there's more.

Kyle wanted to take me to dinner. I wasn't super hungry, so we just walked down the street for a drink and some appetizers.  It was nice.  After that, we walked down to the new yogurt shop where I think I had more toppings than yogurt.

By the time we got home, we were both ready to put our feet up.  We watched a little TV, and at midnight - we deemed the birthday over and declared it a day well spent.


I had several phone pics I wanted to add - I'll have to do it later, they're being too slow.  Here are a few from the museum.




2 comments:

*Jen* said...

Happy birthday, belatedly!
Funny about Abby and the cake. P doesn't think it's a birthday unless there are balloons.

Leah said...

What happened to your bald baby? Abby's hair is so long now!

background

counter