Thursday, November 17, 2011

another thursday

There have been several times in the last few days that I've thought about blogging.  But, either I can't think of what to say or I fall asleep before I can say it.  Either way, I've given myself the bare minimum of once a week.  I hate that.  I hate that it's been a week since I've documented these girls and their antics...and how our life has been.  I mean, it's not that anything amazing happened or anything...in fact, It's exactly because nothing amazing happened that I want to write about it.  I'll forget these days too easily otherwise.  And, these days?  These days are good.  So good.  I know I'll miss them someday.

Anyway.  I just want you to know (blog? girls? world?) that I miss it - and I'm trying.

That said, let's move on.

I've been taking a lot of pictures lately.  It's exciting.  I did three shoots last weekend and have 2 inquiries in the scheduling process for the next week or two.  I know some friends of mine are going to let me do christmas pics in December, so that will be fun.  I've got 2 weddings already booked for next year.  Insane, I tell you.  And, while I'm over the moon excited about it all - It's also just unbelieveable that people WANT me to take their pictures.  I've learned so much this past year and grown a lot - I can't wait to see how much I can learn and grow in the next 12 months.  Anyway, I just really love it.  Sometimes, I'll search pinterest for photo inspiration, and I'll come across a photo that just inspires me to the point that I get chills and I get anxious for the chance to try it.  It makes me feel like a little kid again - that unbridled excitement.

In other "me" news - work has been busy, but good.  My testing caseload has been manageable, which has allowed me to spend more time on other projects and serve on other committees that are dealing with more district wide and systems changes.  I find it all very exciting to be a part of.  A decade down the road, maybe I can say I played some small roll in how things operate.  I very much enjoy being a part of the process.

The girls are great.  E is more fun every day.  Abby is increasingly awesome.  They rock.  E has continued to sleep through the night, so that's been nice.

I have two confessions.  The first is that I downloaded a song from Glee.  That, somehow, seems like it needs to be confessed.  Like, I need to acknowledge that I understand the music is largely robo-toned and stuff.  That's fine.  But the Rumor has it / Someone like you mashup?  I kinda love it.  The second confession I have is that I ordered a McRib sandwich today because I was curious.  It was awful.  AWFUL.  If you like those things?  Please, explain it to me.  Pickles and BBQ sauce with fake pork?  Ugh.  What was I thinking?  I dunno.  I'm glad I survived to warn others though.

This month is flying by - I can't seem to get a grip on it.

Ok, munchkinette needs me.  Have a great Thursday.

2 comments:

Linda said...

These are great day, but others around the corner will be wonderful!

Granny

Anonymous said...

you lost major cool points with that McRib bit... now i don't even remember what the rest of the blog was about. eeewww, yuckie.

anywho... see you in LESS THAN FIVE WEEEEEEKS

-- kikki

background

counter