Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

Another Halloween come and gone.  Ours went well.  

I convinced Abby - with the promise of an enormous lollipop - to put on her costume.  We kept things low key this year and used "costumes" that we had already.  Abby was a chef and Elizabeth, of course, was her cupcake.  

We did order Elizabeth's cupcake hat of Etsy.  I kinda love it. 

I can't remember now if I mentioned it - but Abby gouged her eyebrow the other night.  It was our first significant cut to my memory.  She probably could have gotten a stitch or two in it, but we opted for a butterfly strip because the other seemed 1) maybe not totally necessary and 2) traumatic.  All that to say - her war wound makes these pictures all that more memorable. 

look at my baby sitting up so well!


I'm not above bribery




We went and got Kyle from work and Abby didn't want to take OFF her chef outfit anymore - so she wore it the rest of the night.  Once we all got home and changed, we all went trick-or-treating.  Well, Elizabeth slept in the Ergo on daddy's chest - but Abby collected candy.

She has more inhibitions this year, and she only said "trick or treat!" once - while burying her face in her arm.  But, she did usually say thank you, and the second we stepped off the person's porch - she was all a-chatter about what candy she had scored.  We did our part to clean the neighborhood of suckers...her candy of choice.

We were out for about an hour.  We went down the street and back up and saw lots of other cute kids.  People loved Abby's costume and she enjoyed seeing the other people dressed up as well.  After seeing captain hook walk by, she declared that she wanted THAT costume next time.  We'll see...

We came home around 7 and dumped our her loot.  She unwrapped and tasted about 6 suckers at once and helped herself to about 5 pieces of various chocolates.  Hey, it's ok to overdo it one night a year.  Right? :)

I will say, she was a  BEAR to put down...but it's not like that was a surprise.  We were fully aware that would happen.  Nevertheless, I think it's safe to say she had a pretty great night.


 More memories made - check.

Oh, and I can't not add these precious pictures I snapped of Elizabeth after her naptime.  She's a much more willing subject at this age than Abby.  :)  My sugar sweet baby.



I hope everyone else had a great night too - may your Reeses PB cups have been plentiful and your orange and black candies few.

3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

i love the pic of E in Abby's lap. can i please have that one electronically? I think it needs a frame in my house...along with a polka dot dress pic. ;-) Happy halloween. You have the sweetest, cutest girls I know.
*hugs*

Linda said...

A sweet halloween to remember. The pictures of the girls were such a 'treat' for me.

Granny

jennybee said...

Uncle Ben says to tell you they're so cute they made a tired cranky man laugh. Thanks for that! :)

background

counter