Thursday, June 28, 2012

busy

But it's a good busy.  It's the busy-ness that comes with summertime.  Being busy by my own choosing - which is infinitely better than being busy because of somebody else.

This week was week 1 of our summer routine.  A routine that is about to be happily interrupted with visitors and vacations - but a good routine nonetheless.

Every morning I wake up and get the girls and myself dressed and fed.  We take Kyle to work and then  I typically head to the gym for either a little run or a little weights.  The girls are getting better with the gym daycare.  Well, Abby is fine - E is still hit and miss, but the ladies know her a little better now and they haven't come to get me this week.  Although, one poor lady did hold E for about an hour today.

After the gym, we run errands if needed and head home for lunch and naptime.  During naptime, I've started the Insanity videos.  I'm enjoying them so far.  The workouts are manageable at this point - I'm good and sore and they push me, but it's not like they're completely unreasonable or anything.  The hardest part of the program for me is that you're supposed to do them 6 days a week.  I REALLY have to plan my day around getting them done because if I say "I'll do them when I have time"  well, y'know.  So, for this week, naptime is working well.

After naps, I clean and play with the girls and we run more errands if we need to.  We pick up Kyle most days around 5, head home for supper and bed.

After the girls are in bed, I try to spend that time answering emails, editing photos, and catching Kyle up about our day.  I've been fortunate to have several people want pictures lately and I have a few more shoots coming up.  I love taking pictures - and it's great practice too - I just have to make sure I carve out the time to work on that side of my life too.

And then I crash.  Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

I know I've neglected this blog, Sorry about that.  I hate that I've not documented all of the funny things the girls are doing.  They're getting so big.

Last night while Kyle and I were cleaning up after dinner - Abby and E were playing together.  Like, really playing.  They were playing hide-n-seek...which was funny.  Abby would hide and then giggle and E would find her.  Abby chased E around and E squealed.  They held hands and trotted around the house.  Kyle and I enjoyed watching them entertain themselves so happily.  They're great.

And with that, my blogging time (aka the Octonaut episode that Abby is watching) has run out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roger and I loved watching you guyss play together!
It was a wonderful to be together in Boston.

Granny

background

counter