Sunday, June 3, 2012

weekend

It's been a really great weekend.  The first in a while that has seemed, dare I say it?  Restful.

I think it started on Friday.  We had a staff meeting, which ended in a potluck/lunch thing.  I hung out with my co-workers and a group of us decided to go out for a drink after work.  I don't get to do that sort of thing very often - but it was nice.  We sat outside, chatted, laughed, talked about work and non-work.  It was relaxing and fun.

On Saturday - it was raining.  I woke up on my own.  Before the kids.  It didn't matter that it was 6:15am. All that mattered is that I was awake, on my own time, and not because somebody crawled on me or cried in my ear.  I stayed in bed and was lazy for a little while.  The girls got up eventually - but both of them slept later than usual.  It was just a perfect - grey, quiet, rainy morning cuddled in bed.

Eventually, we all got up and Kyle and the girls and I went to the gym.  I was nervous about how E would do - as last time she cried and cried and wouldn't calm down.  I dropped them off at the play center and Kyle and I hit the gym.  I decided to run fast in case they called me back in 10 mins.  One of my co-worker friends joined us at the gym and told me that Elizabeth wasn't crying anymore when she walked in.  Whew.  So, I slowed down a little bit.  We got a good work out in and headed home.  It was time for lunch - so I actually cooked a little something instead of just microwaving hot dogs.  Abby declared it a special lunch day.  After lunch - naps.

Oh how I love naps.  We all took one.

I slept for an hour and then I heard E fussing.  It took me a minute to wake up - and by the time I had - E had gone back to sleep.  I spent the next 2.5 hours laying in bed just being LAZY.  I read on my phone, caught up on photography stuff.  The girls slept and slept and slept - as did Kyle.  It was all because of the rain....more lazy rain time.  Perfect.

I'd had the foresight to cook a roast for dinner.  It had been cooking all day, and so it was pretty much ready by the time we all woke up from our naps and got ourselves downstairs.  We played, we cleaned, we played and cleaned some more and then we put the girls to bed.  I wasn't far behind.

It was a lazy day for the most part - but it was good.  I think I needed a lazy day.

Today was also good.  We did our normal Sunday routine of wake, church, lunch, and home.  After the girls were napping, I escaped to the gym again and ran a personal best of 6 miles.  I was happy with that.  It felt good and I ran the first 5 miles before I took a break...and the break was only for 60 seconds or so.  Next week I'm supposed to do 7...which will definitely be a challenge - but I'm happy that I've got 6 under my belt now.

I left the gym and went grocery shopping and came home.  Kyle took Abby running and when they got back we all had a nice little dinner together.  After dinner, we played loud music and danced with the girls - they so love that.  We cleaned, and played, and cleaned and played and put the girls to bed.

Now?  Now I'm waiting on the brownies to cool.  I can't even remember the last time we made brownies.  I'm not sure we've done it yet this year, actually.  But, the celtics are playing and I ran 6 miles - so I'm ending this perfect weekend with a chocolaty treat and a glass of milk.

mmmm.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Perfect!

Anonymous said...

I agree - perfect!

Granny

background

counter