Friday, June 8, 2012

new lens

I've been lucky enough to have had several people want photos this month, I also decided to sell a few things I wasn't using- which has allowed me to save up a modest pile of pennies to re-invest into this (unfortunately expensive) hobby of mine.  After much hem and hawing about how to spend said pennies  - I decided to invest in a lens that would give me a little more room than my nifty fifty.  I got a Sigma 30mm 1.4 and I'm pleased with it so far. 

It has rained all week.  And been cold.  It's June - and this is making me a little cranky.  But last night after dinner, the sun came out for a few minutes and I rushed the girls outside to play with my new toy. I got Abby to wear the little romper I got her (I think it's adorable...but in general,  I think rompers should be reserved for supermodels and the under 5 crowd).  I'll probably eat those words eventually, but whatever.  Poor E is just in her messy pasta-sauce covered christmas themed onsie.  But that's ok. I bought her a dress this week that is adorable.  It just screams "depression era" and I love it. ;)  I totally have a shoot her her mapped out in my head. 

Here are a few shots from yesterday

I missed my focus on this shot, but I liked it anyway.

So, this is *actually* E playing peek-a-boo with one hand...but it totally screams "brain freeze"  right?

sweetness.

both my girls laughing in the same picture?  Yes please.
they just adore each other!

foot shot

this picture, I think, best summarizes what I like about this new lens.  I was able to get her in frame (this is a cropped picture) and I'm able to get tack sharp focus on those eyes.  If you zoom in 100% - you can count every eyelash on both eyes...which is of course, my main measure of spot on focus)

So yay for new toys and a gratifying hobby and mostly yay for pictures of my two sweet littles together.  Oh, and I should also send a yay out to Kyle - who lets me spend this photo money on photo things even when we could use it...and probably SHOULD use it on way more practical things like groceries and student loan payments.  Thank you Kyle for letting me pursue this hobby.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Yes. THANK YOU KYLE for letting her pursue this hobbie! We are ALL enjoying it!

Anonymous said...

I sure enjoy Laura's hobby! Thank you Kyle!

background

counter