Wednesday, August 7, 2013

logistically speaking

I've discovered a new problem that's keeping me from blogging as much as I'd like.  And, it's actually not having three kids or time management or something like that.

It's the iPad.

Kyle got me an iPad mini for our anniversary and I love it.  And much in the same way that Elizabeth looked so much bigger and older when Madeline was born - my laptop now seems an archaic hunk of plastic...or whatever this thing is made of.  The problem, of course, is that while I strongly prefer using the iPad for browsing and reading - I don't love it for typing long things like blogs.

And so, when the kids are all in bed, and I sit down - I grab the iPad and I read or browse, but I don't blog.

I compose blogs in my head everyday, and I'm always surprised when I realize I never wrote any of them down.  It's sad, and I really need to do better with it, because I won't remember these days if I don't.  They're too fast.

that said -

Life is good.  We took our vacation to Cocoa Beach and had a great time--

(baby just started crying...that is another reason I don't blog often, I guess)

(ok, I'm back)

The girls are doing well.  Abby got her first haircut before vacation - just a trim.  It was a positive experience for her - it was a sad one for me.  I secretly wish we hadn't cut it...but it so needed it. Elizabeth is just growing and growing.  That includes molars, which is what we're blaming some recent epic tantrums on.  When she's not tantruming or whining, she's adorable.

Madeline is a super baby.  She is sleeping great, which is really the only thing we have to judge her by. She goes down at 6:30pm at the latest and wakes between 6 and 7am.  I usually give her a small bottle once during the night - around 3 or 4 am most night.  She naps well and is generally just still sleepy...but she's smiling now, and that is super super awesome.

(she's fussing again....I guess she didn't want her paci...She probably wants to wake up from her nap)

Ok.  I'm gonna sign off.  I'll try to open this big 'ol heavy laptop more often so I can document our days in actual detail instead of large sweeping hand gestures.

peace

No comments:

background

counter