Wednesday, August 7, 2013

today

Madeline is nearly 2 months old now...I guess that happens next week.  I feel like we're just starting to get into something that resembles a routine around here.  Between having a new newborn and vacation, it's only now that the dust is getting a chance to settle.

I'm still trying to figure out Madeline's sleeping schedules.  Maybe not figure out as much as mainstream.  She sleeps, she wakes, she eats and smiles and then she's ready to sleep again about an hour after she wakes up.  Sometimes that stretches to an hour and a half or 2 hours - but rarely.  In the mornings, she wakes up and goes down for her first nap 45 mins later.  So - the times between naps are relatively consistent, but the time on the clock changes a little day to day.  At any rate, a large percentage of my days are spent swaddling, rocking, nursing, and putting her paci back in to settle her back to slumber when she fusses.

She does cry - but, really?  Only when she's hungry or tired.  She's otherwise, such an easy baby.  I dare say she's at least as easy as Abby was if not easier.  Definitely easier than E was.  In hindsight, that shouldn't shock me. E was a pretty easy baby, but just not as completely chill as Abs was.

Madeline doesn't have any constant nicknames yet.  There are several we toss around with reckless abandon.  The most common is when we mimic E's pronunciation of "Madi-Lion"  Baby Jane, Sweetie, and a barrage of nonsense names that Abby throws at her "Good morning, you little pickle-goose"  and the like.

Overall, this transition to 3 kids has gone well.  It's been smoother than I've expected.  I'm thankful for that for sure.

I was actually going to write about our day.  But, I'm drawing a blank on anything blog worthy to write about.  We fed our frogs new crickets.  They were bigger crickets, and it was unsettling to watch the frogs eat something nearly as big as they are.  I don't think I'll watch next time, I feel too bad for the crickets.  The frogs have been fun, but I think I'm ready to let them go.  Abby won't like that, so it may take a few weeks to work up to that.

I had my official post-baby check up today and all was well.  Now it's time to strap on my running shoes and find (I know, I know *make*) time to run again.  Or...maybe jog.  I'm not looking forward to rebuilding all the endurance I've lost...but I am looking forward to dropping 20 lbs.

That's about it for us today.  I'm tired, so I'm gonna wrap things up here, do my last pumping and cleaning duties for the night and go to bed. :)

No comments:

background

counter