Sunday, November 30, 2008

quiet morning

The sunrise was really pretty this morning.  I almost always wake up once the sun starts coming up.  When I don't have to get up, I usually take a moment to appreciate how pretty it is, roll over, and fall back asleep for another hour or so.  So, I slept in.  Kyle says 8am doesn't count as sleeping in - but I'm a morning person, and I love these early hours.  He loves the late hours.  Maybe we can make this baby thing work out to our advantage. 

I don't really have plans for today.  Which is nice.  Maybe I'll convince Kyle to help me decorate for Christmas.  I've been wanting to all weekend - but you have to be in the right mood to decorate, and we've just been busy.  We did almost all our Christmas shopping yesterday.  We were extremely productive and I was very proud of myself for lasting 12 hours through various stores.  Anyway, maybe we'll decorate tonight, that would be fun.  :)

Tomorrow I start my last week of work.  Really, it's more like 3.5 days of work.  I still have a lot to do, and  part of me worries about getting it all done while the other part of me is just ready to stay home.  I'm going to try my best though.  I want to make this transition as easy as possible for the people I work with.  

It's strange to think that I'm "due" in a week.  At this point, I kind of have this feeling that I'll just be pregnant forever.  I'm waiting on somebody to call and tell me "just kidding!  There's not really a baby in there, here, just deflate yourself and go about your normal routine"  I'm not anxious.  I'm not nervous.  I'm not scared.  I'm...just waiting I guess.  Just waiting and trying not to dwell on things over which I have no control.  Don't worry - I'm sure I'll have a few good freak out moments in the coming week.  But, right now, I'm just...ready.  

Oh, and I have heartburn.  Out of no where, all the time.  Ugh.

I don't guess I really have a point to this post.  I just felt like typing here in the quiet morning.  I think I'm going to go clean something now.  When you're pregnant- they call it nesting.  So, I'm going to go do that for a while...got to make a nice little place for my baby bird, whenever she decides to come. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, I love the parallel between you and the start of the Advent season which begins today. A period of waiting.......for the Baby Jesus at Christmas.......and our own special baby Abigail. I'm sure you have a real sense of knowing what Mary must have felt at this time those many years ago. Beautiful! You are blessed. We are all waiting together. MS

Anonymous said...

Hey its Tanna! THanks for your comments. You have a great thing ahead of you! I hope you have a peaceful baby, it makes the first few weeks so much easier. I am loving it, seriously! I know the feeling of thinking you will be pregnant forever...its rough, but once the baby is out, its like you were never pregnant. Its weird. Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura,

I had such an good time teaching elementary Sunday today and I thought of you during the time. This lesson was all about the angel telling Mary the good news about Mary going to have q baby. You know the little kids got so excited. They were joyful.

I felt joyful as I also thought about our Abigail's coming birth. You know I felt ready,too, but I don't feel anxious. There is quite joy hidden in this moment.

Love,

Granny

background

counter