Friday, October 28, 2011

Apple Picking 2011

Really?  I haven't blogged about Apple Picking yet?  *shakes head*

Well, last weekend, we squeezed it in.  Typically, Apple Picking is over by mid October.  Last year, it was over by Columbus Day.  We had a weekend picked out - but it was raining, so we decided to take a risk and go later in the month.  I called the farm and they said because it had been a very rainy season, that they expected to be open for several more weeks.  Yay!

Karen came with us, so we waited for her to get off work and we went in the late afternoon.  I was excited because that's the best light for pictures.  Of course, once the time rolled around - there was nothing but grey rain clouds everywhere.  Everything was wet and it sprinkled on us on the drive up. 

By the time we got there, we had about an hour and a half before the farm closed - so no time to waste. I got to clickin' and Karen and Brit got to pickin'  ;)

I love this tradition.  Probably more for the pics and the setting - but it's also just so much fun.  And I love watching Abby get so excited.  It made me want to live on a farm - watching her run and run and run and laugh and run.  She was so happy!  E slept most of the time - but that was awesome too.  

Anyway, we took pics.  It was much darker than I wanted it to be and I had to play with my camera settings a lot to get them to turn out.  But still, we had a lot of fun.  I mostly followed Abby around and just clicked and clicked and clicked.  She's such a little love. 

Right before we left, the sun peeked through the clouds and we got some nice warm sunset light.  I grabbed that as much as I could, and it made me happy. 

Mostly - I'm just happy to have had the trip with my family.  It's the one time a year that I can usually get a family picture of us.  I love it.  I love them!

...Oh, and the 25lbs of apples we brought home were good too.  

I took something like 500 pics.  Ha.  I narrowed it down to about 60.  Here are among my favorite few. 







4 comments:

Mary said...

Love the photos Laura! I wish there were apple orchards in Billings!!!

Linda said...

I just love this. The beautiful pictures in the orchard were wonderful. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it so much.

Granny

*Jen* said...

Gorgeous beyond gorgeous.

hannah said...

i have goosebumps looking at these. what wonderful memories for the girls. i hope that last picture is the christmas card ;)

background

counter