Monday, October 24, 2011

first food

Our little E will turn 6 months old tomorrow, but we threw all caution to the wind and let her have her first food this weekend.

In short, she loved it.

It's fun to see her so excited about food.  She's probably been "ready" to eat for at least a few weeks now. She's been watching us, reaching for our spoons, trying to grab things off plates.  But, we wanted to wait until closer to the 6 month mark.  But also?  It took us about a week to find a time when Kyle and I were both home when E was awake to do it.

We're skipping rice cereal, just like we did with Abs.  I don't see the point of rice cereal really...at least not when they're this old.  We start with oatmeal, and tonight we're going to start with a real food - probably sweet potatoes again.

E loves it.  She's about to get so chunky.  It'll be awesome.

I gave her oatmeal for breakfast this morning - after her morning bottle and before her 1st nap bottle.  She could. not. get. enough. It's pretty entertaining to watch.  I don't know how much she'd eat if I let her, but I'm cutting her off after a 1/2 cup for now.

Anyway - I can't believe Elizabeth is this old already.  And then? I kinda can.  I dunno, the whole mom gig is played out in a time warp.






3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Haha. Love the last pic of her and the empty bowl. Reminds me of Kyle and the brownie batter bowl! ;-)

Linda said...

Milestone to remember!

Granny

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

oh my gosh, she looks SO much like Abby in that second picture!

it's funny how the second babies go by sooo much faster, and also? Kind of not.

background

counter