Friday, October 14, 2011

friday

E has a little cough and cold and she hasn't been feeling 100% the last few days.  This means a few things.  One of which is that she is in a high-maintanace mode.  All babies are pretty high-maintanace, but sick ones take the cake.

She didn't sleep long this afternoon for her nap, she's not been sleeping like she usually does.  She was only down for about 30 mins-ish.  SO, because I value sanity, I decided she would definitely be getting a late afternoon nap.  I put her down around 4 and it took a good 20 mins before I got her to sleep.  At first she tried to pull that stunt where I put her in the crib, and she laughs and pulls her swaddle all around and kicks and grins.

No, m'am.  Not today.  So, she eventually went to sleep.

I didn't want to wake her.  I know she's so tired.  But now it's been over 3 hours and she's still down.  Her bedtime was an hour ago.  And now I don't know what to expect.  Maybe she'll sleep all night.  Maybe she'll wake up in a few minutes.  I don't know.

And I wish she was feeling better and acting more consistently because I'm leaving tomorrow and I"ll be gone for 24 hours.  It will be my first night completely away from E.  I'm not worried about her in the sense that I know Brit will do a great job (Kyle will also not be around) - but I just wish she were feeling better.  What if she needs me?  I know.  She won't.  But still...what if?

Where am I going, you ask?  I'm taking pictures for a friend's wedding.  I'm looking forward to it.  It should be a lot of fun. I'll get to spend the night - and so the positive side to leaving is that I may actually get a full night of sleep for the first time in...at least 6 months.  We'll see.

Work is getting busy.  Next week is crazy.  Things are just all happening at once now and several other things happened on top of those and it makes for quite the haystack of deadlines and to-dos.

Abby.  Abby is something else.  She has bloomed a new layer yet again in the last few weeks.  She's always been a talker, but it's like she just turned up her talk button a good 10 notches lately.  It's nonstop and her vocabulary is good.  I'm always shaking my in disbelief/amusement at the things she says.  And they're hard to explain because sometimes it's not the words that she says so much as it is how she says those words...which is difficult to translate across the interwebs.

She's very much into dancing lately.  She's come to like her ballerina tutu and slippers and puts them on to twirl and dance in.  She's not too bad. ;)

Last night I was invited to take pictures at the Ma School Psych Association Gala.  They were celebrating 50 years.  I enjoyed taking pics of course, and it was a good experience for me.  I learned a lot and had a nice time out too.

Kyle?  Kyle's ok.  He had a very very busy week.  The kind of week that means he had to stay up for multiple days in a row to get everything done.  It will get easier, but these things seem to come in waves.  A busy cycle followed by a less busy one.  We're in one of those phases right now where we are just ships passing in the night again.  We don't get a lot of time to see each other or talk about anything more than "Abby's doc appointment is on Tuesday, we're out of milk, will you bring the trash in later? Kloveyoubye"

Sigh.  It'll pass.

What else? Kyle and Brit just took Abs to go pick up our new phones.  We're both in pretty dire need of an upgrade...so this is pretty exciting.  Apparently the guy tried to deliver them today, but we never heard the bell.  So we're gonna try to meet up with the truck and hopefully they'll have them for us.  Yay.

Alrighty.  I think that's enough random boring information for the moment. I hope everyone's Friday night rocks.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I wex admire you all so much. Sure hope Elizabeth gets back in the groove. I'm sure Abby is awesome in ever new ways. I sorry Kyle is so busy - to get all that done he must be a superhero. Enjoy the pictures. You are a wonderful mom, Laura. I love you.

Granny

Leah said...

I think about you guys alot. Staying home is a dream come true for me. But I also live vicariously through you. Living in the city, working in school psych, drinking Dunkies on the way. The city career mom. :) But at the same time I know it's exhausting. But at least from my point of view I can just imagine the whimsical part of it. I hope everything settles down for everybody soon. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Laura, just remember your "random boring information" is what we live to check for every day. We miss our Boston family so much and love to hear about all the details. Hope Lizzie gets to feeling better quickly. I know Britty will take care of things just great.

Hugs,

Ouma

background

counter