Monday, October 31, 2011

halloween treats

I love me a holiday - or any excuse to come up with fun food.  Sometimes I think holidays are the reason I had kids.  I mean, it's so much fun!

I'm short on time right now, but here are a few pics of some of the fun treats we had this weekend. :)

We tried to keep things balanced with some healthy options.  Here are our hummus pumpkins.
hummus, dyed orange on whole wheat flat bread - toppings of choice!

Next up - deviled spider eggs.  Eww, right? :)
 

Monster mouths!

Not everything needs to be healthy.  Next we made a rice krispie pumpkin patch.

Mummy-dogs!


And then these little fellas were the biggest hit.  
How cute are they?
(abby's is the one with the hillbilly teeth in the corner...)

And last but not least - our pumpkins for this year.  Abby got to stay up WAY past her bedtime, but we had to get in pumpkin carving.  

Also, something to remember - Abby had some pumpkins and paint to play with while I worked on one of the bigger ones.  My little neat freak painted the pumpkin, got wipes, cleaned all of the paint off the pumpkin, off her plate, and off her hands -then asked to paint again.  She repeated this cycle 3 times before I convinced her to let the paint dry.  Silly goose. :)

Hope everyone has a happy halloween!

3 comments:

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

whoa, those are awesome pumpkins!

Linda said...

You do halloween right.

Granny
lingsh

jennybee said...

So fun! Once again I'm living (and eating) vicariously through your pics. I had thoughts of making something fun like that but all I can make on these crutches is a Halloween couch potato.

These are adorable. You're a cool mom.

background

counter