Friday, October 21, 2011

phone pics etc.

Today is the first day this week that I'm actually sitting at my desk for more than 3 minutes.  So, I'm going to take these next few minutes to do a quick catch up.  I thought using some of the random pics in my phone would make this a) more interesting and b) quicker :)

Last weekend, I went to Maine to shoot a wedding for a friend of mine.  I can't really tell you how much fun I have taking pictures - I *love* it.  I mean, it was a lot of work.  I basically carried around 20-30lbs of equipment and did squats and arm weights for 13 hours.  I was sore the next day for sure.  But...I really love capturing moments like this.   I'm still working through all the pictures I took, but hopefully I'll have them ready for the bride (and world) soon-ish.  

Anyway - so I went to Maine.  My first time up there and I went alone.  It was my first time away from E overnight.  Kyle was also away that weekend, so Brittany was left to parent the two girls for a good 24 hours.

I was pretty excited.  I wasn't worried about the girls at all - I knew they were in great hands.  I was much more worried about Brittany...because, let's face it, kids are exhausting and I don't want to scare her away!  But still, a whole night just to myself?  I mean...c'mon..it's the stuff of which dreams are made. ;)

Aaaaaaaand, the route I had to take just happened to run right by the only Sonic in the state.  It's about an hour away from where we live...so, yes, I stopped.  And yes, it was worth every calorie. 


I got to the resort, got settled, and took pictures for the rest of the day. The hotel was cute...it was bed and breakfast like, but on a larger scale.  I'm a nerd, so I took a picture of the bathroom decor with my phone...

This is one of the "real" pics of the bridal room - but it gives you an idea of the place.  It was nice. :)  

The next morning...after my first full night of sleep in 6 months... I helped myself to the complimentary breakfast.  They had more food than I could sample.  It was awesome.  French toast, bacon, scalloped potatoes, peach pancakes, fruit, eggs?  I didn't even get to try the omelet bar, homemade granola, yogurts, or any of the other dozen dishes they had.  It was quite yummy - and again, a quiet breakfast, just me, overlooking a pretty little river, sipping coffee, alone?  Glorious. 

(note: I really love my kids and family more than life, I hope I'm not giving the wrong impression...it's just, y'know, sometimes it's nice to not have to drink your coffee with a baby on your hip and the Chuggington theme song on full blast)


After breakfast, I went out on my own and just shot pics of the Maine coastline and the town.  Again - I don't know if there is anything more relaxing and fun for me.  No real time constraints, nobody was looking for me, I just walked around and tried to capture the landscape.  Maine is very pretty.



Abby and E had a great time while I was gone.  Brittany sent me proof.  :)

This is actually from a few days later - but more proof of how fun NeeNee is. 

Ok! So that was last weekend. :)  

A few more tidbits. 

The other day, Abby pulls up E's baby seat and sits it right in front of Brittany (who was sitting in the recliner) and says "Let's talk"  Brittany laughs and says, "Ok, what do you want to talk about?"

Abby props her feet up on the chair in front of her, folds her arms behind her head and says "I'd like to talk about rice"  I mean, where does she get this?  Brittany says "Ok, rice is white and sometimes brown and yummy"  Abby gives an exaggerated "Hmmmmmm.  Yes, I think that's right"  then she announced she was going to go play.  It was so random and spontaneous and had us all laughing. 


Here's little miss sass.
(I know I need to put some E pictures up, but I have shockingly few on my phone.  The only ones I have are in her halloween costume, so I obviously can't show those yet ;)


We actually went to the library yesterday.  For the first time since E was born.  I KNOW.  Shameful!  Hopefully we'll be able to incorporate it back into our weekly routine now that I'm getting better at juggling.  Relatedly, I just want to reiterate something I've said a million times.  I think being a stay at home mom is the most mentally exhausting job ever.  My hat goes off to all of you.  Working full time actually gives me moments to myself - something you don't get at home.  But - I think that being a working mommy has been more physically exhausting on me.  A good 7 hours of my day are spoken for and it isn't always easy to squeeze errands and family time and things like cleaning or eating into the mix.  So, you prioritize and do the best you can.

I know, nothing everybody didn't already know there.  But one day, when Abby or E are reading this, I want them to know that there was a reason why we were always out of milk and why they didn't get a bath every night of the week and that the reason the laundry was never folded was because we decided that playing at the park was more important.  Sigh.  I'm definitely getting better at juggling - but I could still use a few more hands. ;-)

Anyway.

In other news - I love my new phone.  It not only does lots of nifty new tech things - it also validates my feelings.






1 comment:

Linda said...

I enjoyed your blog as always. Good pictures of Abby's life.Rice is nice AND funny.I'm glad the photographer part of you is being taken care of. I look forward to seeing E pictures.

I have a phone.


Laura, there is nothing wrong with being proud of your phone.

Granny

background

counter