Monday, December 8, 2008

40 weeks.

We had our doctor's appointment this morning.  

Everything went well, I am only 1cm dilated, so that means that it looks like we have a while to wait before Abigail joins us.  Of course, things can change quickly...but only time will tell.  

It's so strange to finally be at 40 weeks.  40 is such a big number in pregnancy.  Really, it's THE number until the baby is born.  Then numbers like weight and length become more important.  So, here we are, at 40 weeks, and we still have to wait.  I guess I'm feeling a little discouraged today.  I know I shouldn't be.  I can't help but feel like she will never come out, and I so wanted her to be born while Kyra was here.  Maybe she will be.  Somebody tell me to stop sulking and to look on the bright side - I just need a new attitude I guess.  Its out of my hands.  

We have an ultrasound on wednesday.  If I'm still pregnant this time next week, the doctor will probably go ahead and induce me.  I don't know what that would mean as far as our travel plans.  There are too many variable factors to consider right now.  

Until then, I'm trying to keep my mind off of things and keep busy.  Enjoy the pic that Kyra snapped this afternoon.  And, yes, there is only 1 in there.  





4 comments:

Ben and Bethany said...

oh.my.gosh.

you are NOTHING but belly! Can't wait to see pics of her - things can change at any moment...I went from nothing to labor in 5 days!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this picture! I think you are gorgeous, even though you probably don't feel it. Hang in there!!!

Leah

Anonymous said...

Hon, first babies are notoriously a little late. You look quite beautiful too. Just remember you are carrying a little life in there. All will be well, you will see. Love ya...AJ

Melissa said...

WOW.

background

counter