Sunday, December 7, 2008

sunday thoughts

There are several things I want to mention here.  I once again find myself wanting to apologize in advance for my randomness.

First.  I want send out a big positively-reinforcing stamp of praise to my friend Billie Jo and her husband Ricky for starting blogs.  They are posted in my list on the right and you should check them out.  I talk to them often, but I find myself just as excited to read about their daily events too.  So, yay Rodriguez family.  :)

Second.  Speaking of Billie Jo & Ricky, they have accepted our invitation to be 2 of Abigail's 3 god parents.  The third is our friend Karen.  We are really happy that everyone seemed to be excited about it and it means a lot to us that these people will be involved in Abigail's life in that way.  I know they would have been involved anyway - but it means a lot to us that they will carry the title.  We are working on plans on having her baptized while we are home for Christmas.  There is still a lot up in the air about these plans, but we would like to have friends and family around if possible.  We'll be sure to post details when we get them.  Until then - Thank you to Billie Jo, Ricky, & Karen.  Abigail's future is that much brighter with you in it. 

Third.  Kyra got in safely last night.  It's already been a lot of fun having her around and I'm looking forward to the rest of the week.  We've enjoyed some good food, company, and wii action already.  I can tell that Kyle is really glad she's here too.  

Fourth.  It snowed today!  First snow of the season.  It was pretty.  :)  Unfortunately, nothing really stuck to anything.  That's good as far as parking and roads go I guess, but I just love the way this city looks covered in snow, and I'm ready for that look.  It makes listening to Christmas music in the car that much more enjoyable.  I think I saw that we could get back up into the 50s or even 60s for a while later this week - so my chances of having anything accumulate are slim to none.  

Fifth.  I'm due tomorrow.  Technically anyway.  According to my and Kyle's records, our due date is closer to the 10th - so in my head, I'm telling myself that I'm due on Wednesday.  This is a good strategy for me because it keeps me from feeling like I'm already late.  However, if I'm still pregnant on Thursday - I'm sure I'll not be able to help but feel a little down.    

I have mixed feelings on the whole timing issue (and yes, I understand, that I really don't have any control over it).  One one hand, I would really like for this child to come while Kyra can be here.  Partly so we can count on her help and partly so she can experience it too.  I also want this child to come in time that we are still able to travel home for Christmas.  If we go a week past our due date- then we are walking on thin ice as far as travel plans go.  At the same time, I would rather not be induced if there is no medical need.  It's all conflicting.  

I'm trying to walk some everyday - they say that helps.  It also makes my legs swell up.  I really should post a picture of these things.  I'm not really even sure they still qualify as legs - more like water bags.  I went through 4 pairs of shoes this morning before I found a pair that I could still fit my little water balloon feet into.  So anyway, I'm trying to balance walking and resting.  

Who knows though, maybe we'll go into labor tonight - or maybe in 12 days.  I don't feel a bit different than I did several weeks ago, which is a bit discouraging - but maybe that doesn't mean much.  Either way, we have a doctor's appointment in the morning and we should have a better idea of how things are progressing after that.  

I'm ready.  I've never felt more ready for anything.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about KYRA? I am quite in shock that you left out Kyle's twin as a godmother. I can only imagine how hurt she must be. She would have/should have been your first and most logical choice. But then it isn't really my business.....but when have you known me to not express my opinion??? Love always...AJ

Anonymous said...

It's me...KYRA, the twin! haha.
Lawa - I understand your thoughts in the mighty GP title and paaaaleeeeezz stop listening to what the family peeps may say I AM feeling. I'm not going to lie, of course I had hoped it would be me and felt I had a good chance to make the list… and then everyone assumes I was in because I am the hubby's twin, but seriously!! I do night cry myself to sleep, I am not refusing to eat, and I am still coming home from Christmas. I was the only family present for the glorious birthing day, got to witness pirate faces at only an hour old, and I have my middle name passed on to the little bit herself. (God bless you kids for not being set on an ‘s’ name) I’ve been so anxious to have her in our lives and I will love our ‘lil AbbyKat as a very proud auntie! Honestly, I like the idea of family is family and your best friends get an official title in the baby's life (I might even do just the same!). Nevertheless I anticipate some more Smackmuts will be needed to play with Abby at some point in the future …ok, the waaaaaaay future. :)

xoxoxooxox you guys…
me love you more than lots…
See you in 5 days!

background

counter