Thursday, December 4, 2008

make it work

Last night Kyle and I went to the Celtics game with Karen.  It was a lot of fun.  We went out for cheesecake afterwards and that was fun too...and oooh so yummy.  Kyle and I got home sometime between midnight and one.  I got to bed around 2.  

This is why I'm so exhausted today.  I know, I know "just wait till you have the baby - then you'll be tired"  But, that doesn't change the fact that I could barely keep my eyes open during my morning meeting.  I had a sore throat too - which didn't help my mood. 

This is my last day of work.  Tomorrow, I have a half day of professional development, so this is my last day at the high school.  It would be nice if my last day were relatively light.  But no, I've had so very much to do today.  Probably one of my busiest days of the year, actually.  But it has to get done.  What other choice is there (right, Billie Jo?)  I had to test a student and write their report.  Testing this student was like pulling teeth.  They didn't smile once, rarely spoke above a mumble, and gave lackluster effort...hands down the most draining student I've tested all year.  Ugh.  I must look as bad as I feel too.  I've had numerous people ask me if I'm ok.  One teacher stopped me in the hall and gave me a hug and said "I heard you're miserable today"  I mean, the hug was nice, but she "heard"...which means somebody told...  Tim Gunn has been in my head all day "make it work, Laura, just make it work"  

Anyway.  One of the people I work closely with bought me lunch.  We ordered burritos and that was a really really bright spot in the day.  She probably doesn't know how much I needed that little treat. But, it helped. 

So, it is now the end of the school day and I've done almost everything on my list except write this report - which I'm about to start shortly.  I can't wait to be done.  Can't. Wait.  

After tomorrow afternoon, my full time job becomes relaxing until the baby comes.  

Until then, enjoy the picture of us at the game - Kyle is indicating that it is 4 days until our due date.  Please ignore the fact that I look like a sunken eyed ghost....  :)


2 comments:

Ben and Bethany said...

you are SO CUTE in that picture! I can't believe you're almost 40 weeks! Crazy! I worked up until thursday the 27th and went into labor on Sunday the 30th - it's like he "knew" I had to get that finished first and then "ready or not, here I come!"

Hang in there, I think you are handling all of this beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are @ the end of the pregnancy...so exciting! Hope you are able to relax and just mentally prepare for Abigail's arrival. Thanks for the tips for getting me into the Christmas spirit, but nothing seems to be doing it this year. Take care!

background

counter