Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas updates

Sorry for the major lack in blogging - but as you can imagine, traveling and the holidays have kept us pretty busy.  Sooo, without further ado, I will try my best to give a quick update.

Kyle and I escaped Boston without any problem.  (well, after we finally found a cab - I had called every cab place in Boston and got no answer. I freaked out, cried and was sure we were going to be stranded...but super husband Kyle got it all straightened out and found us a cab just in time.)  Abby flew like a champ and we were so relieved that the traveling went as well as it did.  Lets hope the trip home is as blissfully uneventful.  Here's a shot of our little traveler chillin.  :)

"Mmmm, peanuts."

We got to Arkansas and spent some time with the families.  We went to Christmas Eve mass with Kyle's family and let Abigail make her social debut. ;-)  Again, she was great during church and slept through it all.  We spent Christmas and the day after traveling between Conway, Little Rock, and Pine Bluff to attend the various familial Christmas celebrations.  We had a great time with everyone.  It was nice to be around family and I was so happy to introduce our girl to everyone.  So, while it was a busy few days, it was a good time.  I'm so glad we were able to come home.  

Christmas mass


Four generations of ladies.


The day after Christmas, we headed down to Texarkana for my best friend Joel's wedding.  My good buddy Joel got hitched to the stunning Ms. Ashley.  I'm so happy for them both, and again, I'm so glad we were able to make it to the ceremony.  We were, again, able to introduce Abigail to all our friends and she did a great job being around everyone.  After the reception we came back to Conway.

Mr. & Mrs. Wright

sleepin' at the reception


That brings us to today.  We went to mass this morning, and afterwards we had Abigail baptized.  It was a very nice ceremony and we had lots of people come to watch and support her!  Almost all of my extended family came, all of Kyle's and several friends.  She didn't even cry when they baptized her.  After the ceremony, Kyle's parents had everyone over to the house for a reception.  It was so nice!  We got to mingle and hang out with our family and friends - show off the baby and just relax.  She is already too popular for her own good. ;)

Us and godparents Billie Jo & Ricky


So, there's the quick and dirty update.  This week should be less busy, and I'm hoping to keep up with the blogging a little better.  

No comments:

background

counter