Friday, December 5, 2008

free at last.

I'm officially on maternity leave.  

Today, we had our monthly professional development meeting.  I always enjoy them.  I enjoy learning about things and keeping my skills up to date.  Today we learned about an upgrade in a test that I use a lot - so it was particularly relevant.  After the presentation, we had our department Christmas luncheon.  There was food, small gifts, and a lot of chatting and then we left - at which point, I was done.  I go back to work in March.

My plan now is to get the last of our odds and ends ready and then just relax and wait for this child.  I suppose, however, if I'm still pregnant this time next week - I may be taking up jogging.

Kyra (Kyle's twin sister) is flying into town tomorrow night and is going to stay a week.  We're all really hoping that the timing works out and that she can be here for the birth.  Only time will tell, of course, and even if Abigail is super late - it will be a lot of fun to have Kyra around.  I know Kyle is looking forward to it.  :)

We just got back from a Christmas service and social gathering at BC.  It was nice and we enjoyed the carols as well as the company afterwards.  Now that we're home, and I'm sitting here with my feet up enjoying our dinky little newlywed Christmas tree, I feel relaxed.  And happy.  Well, ok, so I feel a lot of things - but they are all good things right now.  

I think that's all I've got to report on for today.  I need tomorrow to get my last chores and errands run - and then I think I'll be able to say that I'm truly ready for Abigail to join us.  As always, I'll keep you posted. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoy the preparation period, it helps keep your mind off the wait :) But the anticipation is still hard - good luck to you and I hope she shows up right on time!!!

background

counter